Terms and Conditions of Table Booking for General Users (“Terms of Booking”)
Set forth below are the Terms of Booking governing any user’s use of the OpenRice online table booking service with or without the use of any offer or discount provided by restaurants which accept table booking via Openrice.com, other media platforms or other websites and applications including mobile webs and mobile applications (hereinafter singly or collectively referred to as the "Channel(s)") powered by Openrice Group Inc. and/or its subsidiary(ies) and/or affiliate(s) and your utilization of the services available thereat (hereinafter referred to as “Booking Service”). “You” and “Your” shall mean any user using the Booking Service.
All references in the Terms of Booking to “we”, “our” and “us” shall mean Openrice Group Inc. and/or its subsidiary(ies) and/or affiliate(s).
OpenRice Online Table Booking Service
- Users of the Channel and Members are eligible to use the Booking Service to make dining reservation (hereinafter referred to as “Reservation”) with restaurants which have subscribed to our services and accept online table booking through the Channels (hereinafter referred to as individually “Restaurant” and collectively “Restaurants”).
- Subject to the terms of this Terms of Booking, you may make a Reservation by filling in the electronic reservation form (“Reservation Form”) available on the Channels online. You shall ensure the accuracy of all information provided in connection with your Reservation, including without limitation the intended dining date (“Dining Date”) and time, number of diners and your contact details.
- Under no circumstances shall we entertain a Reservation request for a dining time which is less than the time as determined by the related Restaurant.
- By making a Reservation through the Channels, you acknowledge and agree that the information (including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number and special request(s) (if any)) which you provide in your Reservation request and is necessary for the processing of your Reservation will be passed onto the relevant Restaurant. For the sake of protection of your privacy, we generally do not allow Restaurants to access information pertaining to you and/or your dining history from other Restaurants, with the exception that Restaurants under the same corporate ownership may elect to share such information among their group members. In no event shall we be responsible or liable to you for any subsequent use of such information by the Restaurants which has been properly passed onto them hereunder.
- You shall not submit multiple requests for a single table booking. In the event of such multiple requests being made, we may at our sole and absolute discretion (i) treat them as a single Reservation request or (ii) reject / cancel all such Reservation requests made by you without any compensation or recourse to you. We may take into account your membership account maintained with the Channel (“Account”) through which such requests were submitted, the name / telephone number entered in connection with such requests, your Internet protocol (IP) address and such other distinctive aspects of such requests, whether independently or collectively, in tracing and/or identifying the requests submitted by you for the purpose of this Clause 1.5. In the event of any dispute under this Clause 1.5, our determination shall be final and conclusive.
- Numbers of Reservations which you can make during each period and for the same dining date respectively are determined by us. The aforesaid limits are subject to our adjustment from time to time without prior notice.
- Upon acceptance of your Reservation by the relevant Restaurant, you will receive from us a confirmation email at your designated email account setting out the particulars of the Reservation (hereinafter referred to as “Reservation Confirmation”) and, if you are a Member, you can also view the Reservation Confirmation via your Account. For the avoidance of doubt, the Reservation Confirmation will serve as the Restaurant’s acceptance of your booking of table but may not necessarily indicate its promise to satisfy your special request made under the Reservation, if any.
- You may vary or cancel your Reservation via the Channels at least 60 minutes before the designated dining time as appearing in the Reservation Confirmation or Revised Reservation Confirmation (as defined below), as the case may be, except for the Reservation made pursuant to Clauses 2 and 3 below. If your variation or cancellation of the Reservation is accepted by the relevant Restaurant, you will receive from us a revised Reservation confirmation (hereinafter referred to as “Revised Reservation Confirmation”) or confirmation of cancellation of Reservation (hereinafter referred to as “Cancellation Confirmation”) (as the case may be) in the form of email at your designated email account and, if you are a Member, you can view the aforesaid confirmations via your Account.
- We make no guarantee that any of your requests in respect of a Reservation (including the special request made thereunder, if any) or variation or cancellation thereof made in accordance herewith will be timely processed or accepted by the relevant Restaurant. We do not accept any liability whatsoever and howsoever arising from or in connection with any delay in the processing or non-acceptance of your request on the part of the relevant Restaurant.
- We reserve the right to cancel any Reservation made by you, in which event, we shall notify you of it by email. We shall not be liable for any consequences of such cancellation howsoever arisen. In the event if any Reservation made pursuant to Clauses 2 and 3 below is cancelled by us or the Restaurant, the authorization of the Deposit (as defined in Clause 2 below) will be cancelled and no charge will be deducted from the Credit Card (as defined in Clause 2 below).
- You shall honour the Reservation by patronizing the relevant Restaurant on the Dining Date at the time specified in the Reservation Confirmation or Revised Reservation Confirmation (as the case may be), unless you have cancelled your Reservation in accordance with Clause 1.9 or Clause 2.(iv), as the case may be. Where possible, we may send you an email reminder one day prior to your designated dining date and, if you are a Member, you may also receive the said reminder via your Account.
- Within 7 days after the Dining Date specified in the Reservation Confirmation or Revised Reservation Confirmation (as the case may be), we will, by way of email, send you an attendance report (prepared based on the data obtained from the relevant Restaurant) in respect of the relevant Reservation, in which your attendance or no-show will be recorded. Such report shall serve as conclusive evidence of your attendance or no-show. If there is any dispute on the attendance report, you must provide us with written evidence, such as copy of the receipt issued by the Restaurant, by filling in the appeal form accessed via the link in the Email or via OpenRice Apps/Website to appeal within 48 hours upon receipt of the email.
- In the event that there has been accumulated 4 or more no-show records in your Account at the Channel for the last 6-month period, we shall have the absolute right to terminate or suspend your Account, temporarily or permanently, or deduct the OpenRice Points already granted by us from your Account without any compensation or recourse to you.
Deposit required for making Reservation
- Some of the Restaurants may require your credit card information, including cardholder’s name, card number and expiry date, for holding an amount, as designated by the related Restaurant in the deposit terms and conditions (“Deposit Terms and Conditions”) of the related Reservation Form, out of the credit limit of your credit card (“Credit Card”) as deposit (“Deposit”) to guarantee the Reservation for a particular timeslot (“Guaranteed Reservation”). In this event, the following terms and conditions shall apply:-
- By making a Guaranteed Reservation with a Restaurant which requires Deposit, you must be at least 18 years’ old and have to accept and agree to the terms of the Deposit Terms and Conditions.
- The Deposit cannot be used for settling any dining costs and you are required to pay the full amount of bill after the meal.
- After you have honored the Guaranteed Reservation pursuant to the terms of this Clause, the authorization of Deposit will be cancelled and Deposit will not be charged to the Credit Card.
- You can only cancel or change the Guaranteed Reservation via the Channels before the deadline (“Deadline”) as stipulated in the Deposit Terms and Conditions and the authorization of payment of the Deposit will then be cancelled. If the timeslot of your revised Reservation is also subject to authorization of Deposit, you are required to provide the Credit Card information again for guarantee the Guaranteed Reservation.
- If you cancel or change your Guaranteed Reservation after the Deadline (which is deemed to be “no-show”) or in case of no-show on the Dining Date, we will send you an email (“Email”) and, for Member, a message to your Account advising you of the amount of Deposit to be deducted from the Credit Card. If there is any dispute on the Deposit to be charged, you must provide us with written evidence, such as copy of the receipt issued by the Restaurant, by filling in the appeal form accessed via the link in the Email to appeal within 48 hours upon receipt of the Email. Otherwise, the Deposit will be charged to the Credit Card 7 days after the Email has been sent and is not refundable.
- You agree that we use third-party vendor and service provider to process payments, manage debit and credit card information and prevent fraud.
- By providing credit card information via the Channels, you warrant that you are legally authorized to provide such information to us and are legally authorized to perform payment from the Credit Card.
- We shall be in no event responsible for any credit card fraud or misuse or unauthorized use of the Credit Card by any third party.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Restaurant and us shall be final.
Deposit required for getting Last Minute’s or Special Offer
- Some of the Restaurants providing last minute’s or special offer (“Offer”) to Users require information of the Credit Card for holding an amount, as designated by the related Restaurant in the Deposit Terms and Conditions of the related Reservation Form, out of the credit limit of the Credit Card as Deposit to guarantee the Guaranteed Reservation for a particular timeslot to use the Offer. In this event, the following terms and conditions shall apply:-
- Clauses 2.(i), (ii), (iii), (vi), (vii), (viii) and (ix) as set out above shall apply.
- If you cancel or change the Reservation (which is deemed to be “no-show”) or in case of no-show on the Dining Date, we will send you an Email, and, for a Member, a message to your Account advising you of the amount of Deposit to be deducted from the Credit Card. If there is any dispute on the Deposit to be charged, you must provide us with written evidence, such as copy of receipt issued by the related Restaurant, by filling in the appeal form accessed via the link in the Email to appeal within 48 hours upon receipt of the Email. Otherwise, the Deposit will be charged to the Credit Card 7 days after the Email has been sent and is not refundable.
Reward Double-Up Scheme ( Applicable to Members only)
By participating in the Reward Double-Up Scheme (as defined below), Members understand and agree that the following terms and conditions regarding Reward Double-Up Scheme are binding upon them:-
- Only Members can earn certain number of OpenRice points (calculated according to the scale as we may adopt and revise from time to time, please click here for details) (“OpenRice Points”) for each Reservation made at the Channel and subsequently honored (as per the record provided to us by the relevant Restaurant); whereas any Member, who has been registered as Member in Hong Kong and is a member of Asia Miles, can opt to link his/her Account with his/her own Asia Miles account, details as set out in Clause 4.3 below, to earn mileage credits of Asia Miles (“Mileage Credits”) instead of OpenRice Points for any Reservation made with any restaurants located in Hong Kong or Macau via the Channel and subsequently honored (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Reward Double-Up Scheme”) .
- OpenRice Points
- OpenRice Points will be credited to the Account within 4 days after the Member has honored his/her Reservation.
- OpenRice Points can be used to redeem Rice Dollars, gift items, dining vouchers and/or any other loyalty items (collectively, the “Loyalty Reward Items”) in such manner as we may advise from time to time. Please refer to the prevailing Reward Double-Up Scheme for details,
- OpenRice Points will be valid for a term as stipulated in Reward Double-Up Scheme. For the avoidance of doubt, any expired dining points cannot be used to redeem Loyalty Reward Items
- OpenRice Points in different Accounts cannot be combined for redemption of Loyalty Reward Items.
- Loyalty Reward Items available for redemption are supplied Openrice or by third parties.
- Redemption of Loyalty Reward Items, except Rice Dollars, is on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to the availability of the stocks. If any event, we make no representation or warranty that any of such Loyalty Reward Items that will be available for the Member’s redemption at all times.
- We reserve the absolute right to reject any redemption request without specifying any reason in respect therefor.
- Once the Member’s redemption request is confirmed, it cannot be changed nor cancelled.
- No redeemed Loyalty Reward Items shall be returned or exchanged for cash or other Loyalty Reward Items.
- Mileage Credits (Only applicable to Members registered in Hong Kong)
- In order to earn Mileage Credits instead of OpenRice Points for any Reservation made via the Channel with a restaurant located in Hong Kong or Macau and subsequently honored (as per the record provided to us by the relevant Restaurant) (“Qualified Reservation”), Member is required to log into the Account and provide his/her full name which has been registered with Asia Miles and his/her valid Asia Miles membership number (“AM number”) to us via the Settings of the Channel’s membership page in order to link his/her Account with his/her own Asia Miles account. By linking the Account with the Asia Miles account, the Member agrees to each transfer of his/her name and AM number from us to Asia Miles for processing the Mileage Credits and administrative purpose.
- Thereafter when the Member has made a Qualified Reservation, he/she will earn Mileage Credits (instead of OpenRice Points) which will be credited to his/her Asia Miles account within 7 working days after the Qualified Reservation has been confirmed by the relevant Restaurant.
- We reserve the right to change at any time without prior notice of the amount of Mileage Credits to be awarded.
- Any use and redemption of the Mileage Credits is subject to the prevailing terms and conditions as set out in www.asiamiles.com.
- OpenRice Points or Mileage Credits which are obtained by improper means (including without limitation breach of the Terms of Booking) shall be forfeited at our sole and absolute discretion without any compensation or recourse or notice to the Member.
- All OpenRice Points and Mileage Credits are neither transferrable nor exchangeable for cash. For avoidable of doubt, no OpenRice Points nor Mileage Credits will be awarded for cancelled Reservation or no-show.
- All Members acknowledge that their entitlement to the OpenRice Points and Mileage Credits are at our sole and absolute discretion. We reserve the right to terminate and/or suspend Reward Double-Up Scheme and/or change or revise any terms of Reward Double-Up Scheme, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- We disclaim any warranty, obligation, risk or liability with regard to the gift items and/or dining vouchers and/or Mileage Credits and the use of the same, including without limitation warranty as to merchantability and fitness of any of the said items.
Your Rights and Obligations
The Booking Service may be used by you only for lawful, bona fide and personal non-commercial purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the Booking Service and the Terms of Booking contained herein.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
We give no warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained on or given in relation to the Booking Service and accept no liability arising from any inaccuracy of such information. Any typographical error, clerical or other error or omission on the Channels or other relevant information or document provided by us, including without limitation the Reservation Confirmation, Revised Reservation Confirmation and Cancellation Confirmation, shall be subject to our correction at any time without any liability on our part and we are not obliged to give you any notice in relation thereto.
- We shall not in any way be regarded as your agent in rendering our services hereunder.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any right, power or remedy under the Terms of Booking shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of the same preclude any further exercise thereof or the exercise of other right, power or remedy. Without limiting the foregoing, no waiver by us of any of your breach of any provision of the Terms of Booking shall be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of that or any other provision of the same.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Booking Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you. In any event, we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or suspension or withdrawal of the Booking Service. We may terminate and/or suspend your use of and access to the Booking Service (or any part thereof) or any related service(s) at any time with immediate effect without any notice and in our sole and absolute discretion for any reason, including without limitation the following:-
- If you are unable to verify or authenticate any information you previously provided to us;
- If we believe that your action may give rise to liability of any nature; or
- If we deem your action unsuitable or inappropriate.
- In the event of any dispute with respect to the online table reservation service hereunder or the Reward Double-Up Scheme, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Rights of Third Parties
Except as expressly set forth herein, no person other than the parties to these Terms of Booking shall have any right to enforce any term hereof.
Should there be any inconsistency between the English version and any version in other language, the English version shall always prevail.
For any query, please click here to email to our Customer Relationship Executive.