First time in K11 Musea and decided to book in advance at a eatery knowing that most people will be out and about after dining restrictions loosen up.   I am trying to document an accurate account as possible, but also bring in some understanding that staff may have suddenly been experience a dine-in patronage surge.   I was lucky to book / use the voucher for buy-one-get-one-free for a weekend afternoon tea buffet.   Funny enough I was really worried prior to visiting because there were no phot

I was lucky to book / use the voucher for buy-one-get-one-free for a weekend afternoon tea buffet.   Funny enough I was really worried prior to visiting because there were no photos or reviews on any social media platform and there is no menu anywhere as to what is available at this tea buffet (#1 surprise).  The only thing, I could work with was the poster of the tea buffet - and the line "savoury and sweet".
Velo's interior feels like it's set up for a-la-carte type dining - so the buffet set-up was rather awkward (#2 surprise - I thought they did lunch/dinner buffets?).  When I first arrived, we were brought to our table and were left to our own devices.   Not too sure if we just - go and grab food or we had to tell them we will do the buffet.  We flagged down the wait staff and he kindly let us know to just go up to the salad bar (masked) and get food, then left us.  Then we had to flag down another staff to give us water, we we sitting there with empty glasses at this point.  I don't want to blame the waitstaff, but felt they were understaffed and had just transitioned from lunch to tea buffet with barely any rest.
Buffet  station
You never really know what is available at the buffet station because not all dishes had signs (#3 suprise - what is that?).   From what I gathered - there was deep fried crumbed fish fillets and tomato sauce meatballs (pork or beef I can't be 100% sure..), I had initially thought it could be deep fried nuggets or pork?  They also had the traditional English high-tea fair of sandwiches, at first glance (again no signs) it was an egg sandwich - lo behold! it was actually truffle egg sandwich (#4 surprise)!  From a far I thought there was a potato salad... which when you lift the lid it was parmesan cheese (#5 surprise).  Surprises aside - the selection was pretty good, mixed bowls of salad with an array of salad sauces, cold meats (salami, jamon?), thin crust italian pizza (some reason this was placed next to the cake and not with the savoury.. #5 surprise!).  While platting of these buffet dishes was sub-par the food was actually very well made - bread was very well made and desserts carefully crafted (cheese cake, tiramisu, cream brulee, custards, mini tarts, mud cake, cream/chiffon cake, made to order crepes).  The meal also includes a drink of choice.
Cold  meats  and  fruit

Cheesecake
Buffet dish from Tea Buffet

Cake  selection
Overall - with the coupon, it did feel like bargain ($290~ for 2, buffet).  The food is definitely well made, however the experience does seem to be sub-par and definitely needs improvement.  I want to say that this might be caused by long periods of COVID-lockdowns which may have caused the service quality to drop - at one point there were multiple foods offerings that were empty and took a lot of time to be refilled.  If you're there for the food - I would agree that the quality is there and because of COVID I am trying to not judge the service standards as harsh as I would at other places (also that I got this meal at a really good discount!)
Taste