2021-01-30 387 浏览
In hindsight, all the red flags were there from the beginning and we should have left immediately. Instead, we paid $1300 for less than $130 worth of service. Utter disappointment. This was a special occasion to celebrate recent personal milestones. We had picked this place because of its positive reviews across sites and its promising menu. We had booked for 2pm on a Saturday. When we arrived, the place was bustling from its brunch service.Before eating- A baby cockroach was crawling on the wa
This was a special occasion to celebrate recent personal milestones. We had picked this place because of its positive reviews across sites and its promising menu.
We had booked for 2pm on a Saturday. When we arrived, the place was bustling from its brunch service.
- A baby cockroach was crawling on the wall close to the seafood buffet.
- The manager said he would return with the a la carte menu, but never did.
- Another waitress told us they were not serving a la carte, then backtracked and said some mains were not available. Most notably, no Boston lobster which I had been really looking forward to.
- A young waiter had no idea they were not serving certain food.
During the meal
- Soup arrived before bread. Lobster bisque ($168) had lumps of cream that refused to dissolve. Mushroom soup ($138) was advertised to contain truffle but we could not taste any.
Why didn't we kick up a fuss?
The staff was completely overwhelmed and wholly understaffed. Another table of 4 had one of their mains arrive 30 min late and refused it. It's obvious the manager and host were having a difficult time keeping up with the lunch crowd and responding to nonstop requests.
Finally, we asked for the bill twice. We had 10% off - yay, no service charge!
Eat here at your own cost.
题外话/补充资料： They also serve Main St Deli, which is cheaper.(以上食记乃用户个人意见 , 并不代表OpenRice之观点。)