Terms and Conditions of Service
Openrice.com, opensnap.com and its sub-domains (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Sites") are powered by Openrice Group Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Openrice"). Openrice and/or its subsidiary(ies) and/or affiliate(s) (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Company”; if the context requires or permits, “Company” may refer to any one of Openrice and/or its subsidiary(ies) and/or affiliate(s)) also operate and provide services via, apart from the Sites, other media platforms or other websites (hereinafter referred to as the "Platforms") and applications including mobile applications (hereinafter referred to as the "Applications") which are developed in whole or in part by the Company. The Sites, the Platforms and the Applications may be referred to collectively as the "Channels" hereinafter. The services provided through the Channels shall only be available to users, registered or non-registered, uploading, posting, viewing, forwarding and/or otherwise using the advertisements, promotional materials, views, comments and/or other information on the Channels (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Users”). Access to and use of the contents and services provided on the Channels shall be subject to the
By using the Channels, Users also acknowledge and agree that, if applicable, apart from being bound by the Terms and Conditions set out herein, they will at the same time be bound by the terms and conditions of the relevant and applicable Channel(s) they use and the terms and conditions of the relevant and applicable Channel(s) operated by the Company which their Materials (as defined in Section 4.1 below) are being / have been uploaded to or posted on.
The terms “User” and “Users” herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing and/or using the Channels at anytime, whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere, for any reason or purpose.
- The Company provides online platforms for Users to list the services or products which they offer and provides online marketing (including but not limited to posting advertisements, promotional campaigns, marketing materials and hosting special events) as well as providing discussion forums and online platforms for Users to upload, post and forward their comments and photos related to their dining experiences pursuant to the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the "Services").
- The Company is not a party to nor is it involved in any actual transaction between Users.
- The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Users. The Company uses the information of the Users according to the terms as described in the
Registration as Member
- Users may freely browse the Channels for information and use the tools which the Company makes available thereat. However, certain contents and functions of Channels, including without limitation submission of restaurant review, the online table booking services and the Dining Points Scheme (as defined below), are only available to registered members of the Sites (“Members”).
- Users may become a member of the Sites by registering online at the section “Openrice Member Registration” [Hyperlink to the registration page]. Users warrant that the personal particulars which the Users provide when they register as members of the Sites are true, accurate, complete and not misleading in all respects, and further undertake to promptly update the Company where there is any subsequent change in such particulars. Users’ failure to do so would entitle the Company to suspend and/or terminate their membership with the Sites without further notice and/or recourse to the related Users.
- Any User must not select a username or password that violates any person’s rights or one that in the Company’s opinion is offensive, improper or inappropriate. If a User does so, the Company reserves the right to modify or delete the username or password and/or terminate his/her membership with the Sites. In any event the Company shall not be liable in any way for any improper use of a username or password by any User.
- Users shall be solely and absolutely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the login information and password in respect of your membership account. In no event shall the Company be responsible or liable for any loss or damage in relation to the unauthorized use of membership account by any other person.
- Registration request made pursuant to Clause 2.2 may be refused by the Company at our sole and absolute discretion and Users agree that the Company is under no obligation to send Users any alert or notice regarding the Company’s rejection of membership registration.
- The Company reserves the rights to deactivate or cancel any User’s membership account at any time as it seems necessary.
Prohibited Uses for all Users
- Users of the Channels, registered or non-registered, agree not to use any of the Channels for any of the following purposes which are expressly prohibited: -
- All Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Channels including, without limitation, accessing data not intended for them or logging into a server or account which they are not authorized to access, attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or attempting to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network or sending unsolicited e-mail. Violation of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liabilities.
- A User shall not delete or revise any material or information posted by any other Users.
- All Users shall not use the Channels (1) for uploading, posting, publishing, transmitting, distributing, circulating or storing material in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; or (2) in any manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others; or (3) in any manner that is harmful, defamatory, libelous, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, threatening, abusive, hateful or is otherwise offensive or objectionable; or (4) for commercial purposes other than pursuant to this Terms and Conditions or terms and conditions of any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User. In particular, all Users shall not print, download, duplicate or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about other Users (if any). All unsolicited communications of any type to Users are strictly prohibited.
- Users shall not use the Channels if they do not have legal capacity to form legally binding contracts.
- Users shall not upload or post any advertisement or materials on the Channels which contains any false, inaccurate, misleading or libelous content or contains any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, computed files or other materials that may interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication equipment. Also, the advertisement shall not be fraudulent or involve sale of illegal products.
- Users shall not engage in spamming, including but not limited to any form of emailing, posting or messaging that is unsolicited.
Acceptable uses of the Channels
- Specific uses - User(s) uploading or posting advertisements, photos, content, views, comments, messages and/or other information on the Channels (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Material(s)”).
Such User(s) uploading or posting the Materials shall hereinafter referred to as the "Posting User(s)".
- The Posting User agrees that he/she/it shall only use the Channels for lawful purposes and for enjoying the Services provided through the Channels. The Company reserves the right to edit, share, reject, disapprove, erase and delete any Materials posted on the Channels as it sees appropriate.
- In the event that the Posting User is an individual, he/she shall not post his/her identity card and/or passport number on the Channels.
- Although the Company shall use its reasonable endeavors to restrict access to the database of the Posting Users’ personal data only to the personnel of the Company, the Company does not guarantee that other parties will not, without the Company’s consent, gain access to such database. For the usage and protection of personal data provided by the Posting Users, please refer to the
- Users who upload or post Materials on the Channels shall be solely responsible for the Materials uploaded, posted or shared by them and/or any web pages and/or media platforms and/or applications linked to the Channels posted by them. The Company reserves the right to edit, share, reject, erase, remove and delete any Materials and links to web pages and/or media platforms and/or applications as it sees appropriate. The Company shall have the right to terminate any services to any Posting Users at its sole discretion. If a User uploads or posts Materials on the Channels and subsequently deletes and/or removes the same or the User terminates his/her/its accounts, or that the Company deletes any and/or removes such uploaded or posted Materials, such Materials will no longer be accessible by the User who uploaded or posted the same via that User’s account; however, such deleted Materials may still persist and appear on any part of the Channels, and/or be used in any form by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to request any User to cease using or to change his/her/its username immediately upon notice given to the relevant user without giving any reason as and when the Company deems appropriate to do so; if any User disagrees and refuses to abide by such request made by the Company, the Company may at any time at its sole discretion, deactivate that User’s account without prior notification to that User and without prejudice to all the Company’s other rights and remedies.
- By using any of the Channels, Users acknowledge and agree to the following:-
- If Users use any of the Channels to upload, post and share Materials, including but not limited to instantly uploading, posting and sharing photos taken, the Users are consenting to the Materials being shared;
- The Users’ use of the Channels may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with the relevant Users, even if the Company has not itself provided such information; and
- The Users shall use the Channels at their own option and risk and at their own accord. The Users will hold the Company harmless for activities related to their use of the Channels.
- This paragraph shall only be applicable to Users posting advertisements, promotional and marketing materials (hereinafter referred to as “Advertiser(s)”):-
Upon payment of a service fee to the Company or upon acceptance of any free trial promotion offer, Users will be entitled to use the Sites and/or Platforms and/or Applications (as the case may be) to post advertisements and promotional materials (subject to the Terms and Conditions and any specific terms and conditions of any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s) (“Service Agreement”), and in the event of any conflict between the two, the latter shall prevail). The Company also reserves the right to change the service fee or institute new charges or fees to be paid by Advertisers for posting advertisements and promotional materials on any of the Channels, as it deems appropriate. In the event that any Advertiser posting advertisements and promotional materials fails to pay the service fee or any other fees or charges due to the Company or is in breach of any term of the Terms and Conditions and the Service Agreement, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate that Advertiser’s user account, advertisements and links to web pages and/or media platforms and/or applications without prejudice to all its other rights and remedies.
- This paragraph shall only be applicable to the Users who post restaurant reviews on the Channels:-
- Users should comply with the Company’s Restaurant Review Guidelines at all time; and
- Users should never being compensated to write a review or remove a review.
- Specific uses - User(s) viewing the Materials posted on the Channels (hereinafter referred to as the "Viewer(s)")
The Viewer agrees that he/she/it shall only use the Channels for lawful purposes and for enjoying the Services provided therein. The Viewer agrees that any personal data received from the Channels or the Company shall only be used for the purpose of identifying and/or locating advertisements or materials or any content therein or for the purpose of enjoying the Services provided through the Channels. Any personal data received which are irrelevant to the above purposes shall be disregarded and shall not be saved, stored, collected, processed, used, distributed, published, disclosed or transmitted in any way, including but not limited to for any commercial purpose. The Viewer also agrees that any personal data collected from the Channels or the Company shall be promptly and properly deleted when the above purposes have lapsed or been achieved.
The Company shall not be responsible or held liable in any way if any Users, in breach of the Terms and Conditions or the terms and conditions of any relevant and applicable Channel(s), whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere, use the other Users’ personal data, information or materials (whether obtained from the Channels or not) for any purpose. All Users accept that all personal data, information or materials provided by them publicly on the Channels are voluntarily provided and are given entirely at their own risk. The Company shall not bear the responsibility of protecting the personal data, information or materials so provided publicly therein.
- Specific uses - User(s) using Tablemap table booking service
For any User using Tablemap table booking service which is operated by the Company, such User is deemed to have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions as well as the
TM Terms in detail before using the said service.
- By uploading or posting Materials on the Channels, the User unconditionally grants the Company a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free right to exercise the copyright, publicity and database rights (but no other rights) he/she/it has in the Materials in order that the Company can use, publish, host, display, promote, copy, download, forward, distribute, reproduce, transfer, edit, sell and re-use the Materials in any form and anywhere, with or without making any commercial gains or profits, and carry out the purposes set out in the
Intellectual Property Rights
- All contents of the Channels, including without limitation the text, images, information, comments, layout, database, graphics, photos, pictures, sounds or audio formats, software, brands and HTML are the intellectual properties of the Company or the Users (as the case may be) which are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws and may not be downloaded or otherwise duplicated without the express written permission of the Company or the Users (as the case may be). Re-use of any of the foregoing is strictly prohibited and the Company reserves all its rights. Any use of any of such content other than those permitted under the Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) and the terms and conditions of any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s) is strictly prohibited and the Company reserves all its rights in this respect. For the avoidance of doubt, any purported consent of any third parties on the use of the contents and materials mentioned under this Clause shall not exonerate the Users from the restrictions/prohibitions imposed hereunder in whatsoever manner.
- Users acknowledge that the Company may not pre-screen or pre-approve certain content posted on the Channels or any content sent through the Channels. In any event, the Company takes no responsibility whatsoever for the content on the Channels or any content sent through the Channels, or for any content lost and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the content or accuracy of any material therein.
Any Materials uploaded or posted on the Channels by the Users may be viewed by users of other web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications linked to the Channels and the Company is not responsible for any improper and/or illegal use by any user or third party from linked third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications of any data or materials posted on the Channels. Links to third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications provided on the Channels are provided solely as a convenience to the Users and as internet navigation tools, and not in any way an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications. Unless otherwise stated on the Channels, the Company has no control over or rights in such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications and is not responsible for any contents on such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications or any use of services provided by such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications by the Users. All Users acknowledge and agree that they are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any Materials, web page or other information contained therein placed by them. The Company is not responsible for the content of any third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications linked to the Channels, and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the contents or accuracy of materials on such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications. If any User accesses any linked third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications, he/she/it does so entirely at his/her/its own risk.
The Company shall have the right to remove any Materials uploaded or posted on the Channels at its sole discretion without any compensation or recourse to the Posting Users if the Company considers at its sole discretion that such Users have breached or is likely to breach any law or the Terms and Conditions or any terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the Posting User(s). In the event that the Company decides to remove any paid advertisement for any reasons not relating to any breach of law or the provisions herein, the Company may, after deducting the fees charged for the period that the advertisement has been posted on the Channels, refund the remaining fees (if any) to the related Posting User in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or the terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the related Posting User, without prejudice to the Company’s rights and remedies hereunder.
Users agree and consent that the Company may, subject to the terms of the
- The Company may not monitor the Channels at all times but reserves the right to do so. The Company does not warrant that any Materials or web page or application will be viewed by any specific number of Users or that it will be viewed by any specific User. The Company shall not in any way be considered an agent of any User with respect to any use of the Channels and shall not be responsible in any way for any direct or indirect damage or loss that may arise or result from the use of the Channels, for whatever reason made. WHILST ENDEAVOURING TO PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICE TO ALL USERS,
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CHANNELS WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE CHANNELS AND THEIR SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF USE OF THE CHANNELS OR THEIR CONTENTS RESULT IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA BY ANY USER, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE CHANNELS AND THEIR CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, ANY IN RESPECT OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENTS, SERVICES, TEXT, GRAPHICS AND LINKS OF THE CHANNELS.
All USERS SHALL USE THE CHANNELS AND ANY OTHER WEB SITES AND/OR MEDIA PLATFORMS AND/OR APPLICATIONS ACCESSED THROUGH THE CHANNELS, AT ENTIRELY THEIR OWN RISK. ALL Users are responsible for the consequences of their postings. The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any Materials uploaded or posted by the Posting Users or endorse any opinions expressed by the Posting Users. Any reliance by any User on advertisements and materials posted by the other Users will be at their own risk. The Company reserves the right to expel any User and prevent his/her/its further access to the Channels, at any time for breaching this agreement or violating the law and also reserves the right to remove any Materials which is abusive, illegal, disruptive or inappropriate at the Company’s sole discretion.
- All Users agree to indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and litigation expenses on a full indemnity basis) arising from or resulting from their use of the Channels or their breach of the terms of this Agreement or any terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s). The Company will provide prompt notice of any such claim, suit or proceedings to the relevant User.
Limitation of the Service
- The Company shall have the right to limit the use of the Services, including the period of time that Materials will be posted on the Channels, the size, placement and position of the Materials, email messages or any other contents which are transmitted by the Services. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to edit, modify, share, erase, delete or remove any Materials posted on the Channels, for any reason, without giving any prior notice or reason to the Users. The Users acknowledge that the Company shall not be liable to any party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
Termination of Service
- The Company shall have the right to delete or deactivate any account, or block the email or IP address of any User, or terminate the access of Users to the Services, and remove any Materials within the Services immediately without notice for any reason, including but not limited to the reason that the User breached any law or the Terms and Conditions or any terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s). The Company reserves the right at any time to take such action as it considers appropriate, desirable or necessary including but not limited to taking legal actions against any such User. The Company shall have no obligation to deliver any Materials posted on the Channels to any User at any time, both before or after cessation of the Services or upon removal of the related Material(s) from the Channels.
The Terms and Conditions set out hereunder shall become inapplicable to the Users immediately upon the Users discontinuing their use of the Sites and/or the Platforms and/or Applications (as the case may be).
- The Company does not have control over and does not guarantee the truth or accuracy of listings of any Materials posted on the Channels or any content on third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications accessed via the Channels.
IN ANY EVENT, THE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, REPRSENTATIVES, SHAREHOLDERS, SERVANTS, ATTORNEYS, PREDECESSORS AND SUCCESSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY ANY USER WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER ARISING OR RESULTING FROM HIS/HER/ITS USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CHANNELS AND THEIR CONTENTS, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND DISPUTES BETWEEN ANY PARTIES.
Limitation of Liability
- Without prejudice to the above and subject to the applicable laws, the aggregate liability of the Company to any User for all claims arising from their use of the Services and the Channels shall be limited to the amount of HK$1,000.
- The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that its officers, directors, employees, agents and/or contractors will exercise their prudence and due diligence in handling the personal data submitted by the Users, and the access to and processing of the personal data by such persons is on a "need-to-know" and "need-to-use" basis. The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to protect the personal data against any unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure of the personal data.
- The provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each other and the validity of each provision shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of the Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall not be affected and, in lieu of such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision, there shall be added as part of the Terms and Conditions one or more provisions as similar in terms as may be legal, valid and enforceable under the applicable law.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolutions
- The Terms and Conditions and any dispute or matter arising from or incidental to the use of the Channels shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as "Hong Kong"), unless otherwise specified.
Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Terms and Conditions including the validity, invalidity, breach or termination thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules as at present in force and as may be amended by the rest of this Clause:
- The appointing authority shall be Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (hereinafter referred to as "HKIAC"); or alternatively, an appointing authority may be appointed by the Company at its sole and absolute discretion in any country which the Company considers as fit and appropriate. Any User(s) who are in dispute with the Company acknowledge(s) and agree(s) that the choice of appointing authority nominated by the Company shall be final and conclusive.
- The place of arbitration shall be in Hong Kong at HKIAC; or alternatively, at any such arbitral body in any country as the Company considers fit and appropriate at its sole and absolute discretion. Any User(s) who are in dispute with the Company acknowledge(s) and agree(s) that the choice of the arbitral body and the place of arbitration nominated by the Company shall be final and conclusive.
- There shall be only one arbitrator.
- The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
In the event of any breach of the Terms and Conditions by any one party, the other party shall be entitled to remedies in law and equity as determined by arbitration.
For any query, please email to our Customer Relationship Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org.