2018-11-10 1200 views
We came here with my family on Saturday for lunch. Despite the restaurant being half full the waiter told us that we have to return the table in 1.5hr which we reluctantly agreed to. After we were seated, more people started to come in, most of them westerners. What we realized was, the waiters did not ask them to limit their dining time. We were disturbed by the preferential treatment esp when it seems to target local non-white customers. To make things worse, they mixed up our orders and we ha

To make things worse, they mixed up our orders and we had to wait for 80min for our main course to show up. And when it eventually did, we were already starving.

The salmon salad was fine but bland. You'd expect something more from a near $200 salad honestly. You could taste that the pesto was not fresh and most likely came straight out of a jar of premade (and uncooked!!!!) sauce. Interesting choice of "salad dressing" to start with. I left half of it untouched.

My mom ordered the homemade pasta with truffle. It's as tasty as it looks - which was not, unfortunately. The should have stick with dry pasta. The pasta tastes slightly sour and you could tell that they didn't season their dough nor let it rest long enough, which leaves it an unappealing, curly, ramen-like appearance. My mom felt sick eating it midway through.

We visit Lantau quite often. I would suggest everyone to visit Long Island next doors. Seriously. They serve fantastic food i generous portions, and you get much better and respectful treatment.
Taste