2019-05-17 3644 views
This, really! Ouch at Oolaa is really what my stomach screamed on seeing this plate for something that had pesto!What I imagined based on the description was a vibrant green plate with a generous serving of pesto topped on part baked, part smooth and soft gnocchi.What I saw and got was this big plate of deep fried gnocchi with olives and greens, and a meagre drizzle of pesto. The gnocchi itself was done well, a nice chewy texture having been fried - first of it's trying for me. But what disappoi

The gnocchi itself was done well, a nice chewy texture having been fried - first of it's trying for me. But what disappointed me was the pesto or the lack of it! I did ask for some more pesto and they gladly bought out another (albeit small again) portion in a little bowl.

The portion was huge and two people could easily share it with an appetizer.

They have lunch specials but risotto was the only vegetarian entree there which I didn't want, so I went with a stand-alone pasta.

The place is huge, popular with families with kids for their brunches.What was good was their service - and with a group of more than 15, they managed it pretty well.

More photos and details on the blog - thevegetarianvoyager
Taste