Impressive French Tartes Featured Review
2017-09-22 3720 views
Every time when I take the tram in Sheung Wan, I am attracted by the French pastry shop called Tartes & Pop. This is my first time to see French tarts specialized shop in Hong Kong, so I can't wait to give the beautiful tarts a try!!The tarts look so attractive and they are homemade daily. I ordered three tarts this time.Lemon Gianduja Tarte ($45)The first taste of this tart is so refreshing. Lemon flesh is put on the top of the lemon filling, and the tart at the bottom is crispy as well. What I

Lemon Gianduja Tarte ($45)
The first taste of this tart is so refreshing. Lemon flesh is put on the top of the lemon filling, and the tart at the bottom is crispy as well. What I like the most is the Gianduja at the top, which is sweet chocolate with a little taste of hazelnut. It creates a great balance between sour and sweet.

Coffee Creme Brulee Tarte ($45)
Before I cut it into half, it looks like a normal Creme Brulee.

Once I cut it into half, I can see the flowing coffee syrup. The staff tells me that the creme is cooked with real coffee beans, so the cream brulee is filled with strong coffee flavour. The sponge cake in the middle also enhance the texture of this tart.

Sesame Matcha Tart ($45)
Last but not the least, this is the best seller of the shop.

The combination of matcha and sesame is impressive. The matcha square at the top is made by matcha powder from Kyoto, so the matcha flavour is strong. The sesame filling is match with the matcha square, and it creates a special aftertaste.

Taste