2010-03-09 30 views
I took a friend here for an afternoon sweet-tooth fix. we initially wanted to have the desserts consumed in Greenery upstairs but having learnt that they were going to charge a surplus of nearly double the prices of take-out and the poor poor service of waitresses upstairs and downstairs, we decided to forgo the extra cost and take out. It seems all I eat are sweets these days...but as long as they're good I'm not complaining!Chocolate Truffle $40This cake was rich but not in the dense way. Rath

Chocolate Truffle $40
This cake was rich but not in the dense way. Rather, it had an excellent combination of a plain biscuit base for crunchiness, a chocolate sponge (base) for that soft spongey texture, a chocolate mousse for some chocolate sweetness and finally a chocolate glaze. The sponge and biscuit at the bottom balanced the sweetness of the mousse and glaze very well. This is one of their best-sellers I think, and it is justified for this was a very good piece of well-designed and thought-out cake.

[bSapporo Hasakappu Fromage] $36
This was made from a cheese imported from sapporo i believe. The staff had a hard time explaining what the cake really was composed of, so I got it to try it out myself. The outer red shiny layer is actually a sweet yet sour fruit flavoured jelly, with a soft and slightly sweet cheese mouse inside, with the centre being a fruit flavoured mousse. The cake was all soft, a much contrast to the chocolate truffle cake. I liked this cake very much as the sourness of the fruit went very well with the cheese mouse. A better way to enjoy this cake though, was in between bites of the chocolate truffle cake!

A very tasty sweet experience despite the unexpectedly poor service from a hotel.
Taste