Restaurant: Mon Kee Cafe
Info:

To encourage eatery outlets to reduce food waste at source together with customers through offering portioned meals and adopting food waste reduction measures, the Environmental Protection Department has launched the “Food Wise Eateries” Scheme. Participants will be awarded with a Food Wise Eateries (FWE) accreditation status if they comply with the assessment criteria and will be granted with the FWE Logo and Stickers for displaying in the premises and their promotion for public identification. Applications are accepted all year round and are FREE of charge.

For details, please click here, http://www.foodwisehk.gov.hk/en/food-wise-Eateries.php

2019-02-17 392 views
There was a short line outside the restaurant, so I waited for about 5 minutes. Once again, I struggled with ordering cuz I can't read Chinese 😅 so I relied on the pictures. I ordered the egg and char siu rice and the waiter asked me what drink I wanted and so I asked him what there is cuz I can't read Chinese 😅 and so he got the English menu for me :'))) The egg and char siu rice came pretty quickly. The rice was hidden under the huge egg omelette and there were bite size pieces of char siu on/in the omelette. The combination of char siu + egg + rice was amazinggggg! There were some char siu pieces that were a bit chewy though, but the egg was really tasty. I felt like the dish had too much soy sauce though which kinda overpowered the rest of the flavors, so if I were to order it again, I would ask for less or no soy sauce.
$55
The restaurant is a bit small, but it was comfortable and cozy.
Taste