Today, we went to Ramen Kuhera, a cosy ramen joint in Tai Hang. There were many people waiting outside the wooden panelled restaurant with retro Japanese decor.Me and my friend ordered gyozas (日式餃子) to share, which were nicely charred and served with a tasty dipping sauce, and we each ordered our own ramen and drink. The ramen was highly customisable, like many other good ramen restaurants with a large range of toppings to choose from.I ordered the truffle ramen (木)(白松露䐁骨湯麵), which had Italian t

I ordered the truffle ramen (木)(白松露䐁骨湯麵), which had Italian truffle paste, fungi, mushrooms, red cabbage and char siu. The truffle taste was strong, and the tonkotsu broth was flavourful, which was a nice combination of flavours. I also ordered an apple soda (蘋果梳打), which was crisp and refreshing.

My friend ordered the 土4 (濃厚魚介䐁骨湯麵), which had a fish tonkotsu base, fish powder, dried sardines, red cabbage, fungi and torched char siu. The fish stock had a strong fish flavour without being off-putting, and tasted nice with the ramen. She ordered a green tea soda (綠茶可樂), one of their many unconventional Japanese sodas, which was a strange pairing but was very tasty and refreshing.

Overall, it was a nice cosy restaurant with a nice ambience and a wide range of high quality ramen, and I would recommend it to my friends.
Taste