2019-04-16 259 views
Due to my nostalgic memories in US, I quite often go to Dan Ryan. However only except the first time they haven’t offer a good surprise. So I only enjoy happy hour cocktails. By the way, I normally don’t write a review. However, this time I really want to report it to let Dan Ryan know how it was, so that they can improve their food to meet customers’ expectation. Back to the topic, only except 1st time, I haven’t considered it is worth the price. For this time it was A Platter which has fried O

Back to the topic, only except 1st time, I haven’t considered it is worth the price. For this time it was A Platter which has fried Onion rings, potato skins, chicken wings and vegetables. Especially the menu shows the portion is “Huge” and it is the “Featured item”

I thought of trying even if I failed always with their food, since I and my partner were having cocktails.

Waiting quite a bit of time I guess it was like 20-25min, but I didn’t really count so it was how I felt about the waiting time. In fact, there were only about 35percent of seats occupied.

The food arrived when I was about to ask for the order to check. And I and my partner were surprised with its quantity first of all. The menu said HuGe.. but it was SMall.. what a joke. A Huge they considered may be in a local Chachanteng with 100HKD?. But it was 298HKD and customer would expect something worth for the price. There are few pieces of skinny small chicken wings. Potato skin size was reasonable but only a few. And very scattered vegetable pieces. The size of platter was medium like 200x200mm. They shall have put them in half sized platter instead in order to make the food looks huge. It was really small quantity against our expectation.

Okay we gave up on quantity, so what about the taste. Umm.... it was just ....okay. Obviously, I prefer Ruby’s Tuesday over Dan Ryan on this item. Taste was not like I want to eat more. It was like I just eat because I paid much.

No more for this food item for me in the future.

That is the reason i only have cocktails for happy hour.
(Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo, so the attached photo is to show the item of food only)
$298