2020-01-05 254 views
They do everything not remarkably but sufficiently well enough...from pizza/pasta to curry. Sunday nights and Monday nights they have what’s called a Food Club offer that makes it really good deal to diner here for small families and dating pairs.
2019-11-25 1142 views
墨西哥卷有蛋,肉,豆,芝士。有沙律菜和兩種醬料。份量很夠,只完成了一半,另一半要打包。適合二人享用。而hot latte質素很高,店員說咖啡豆是由澳洲引入。口感豐富,奶花的泡沫層感覺濃濃的。
Taste
許多時在中上環等地方吃飯沒有物超所值的感覺,原因不少餐廳食物質素很一般,加上餐廳都較細少,空間感不足亦令食客感覺有點在中上環覓食是被揾笨的感覺。Oolaa給我的感覺是大,開揚,寬敞,尤其在秋天時更顯這個地方舒適。我與友人在星期日中午前來這裏食brunch,這裏主要劃分三個用餐地區,分別是我們就餐的Bar區,一般餐廳樣式的餐廳區及「陽台區」。我們特別喜歡Bar區,地方很寬闊及開揚,不少不同形狀及高度的枱及梳化/椅子進餐,適合不同喜好及數量的食客。我們坐了梳化,在低枱上享用食物。食物不便宜,但份量十足,尤其是友人的All Day breakfast,足夠兩個輕食的女子一起享用。這個All Day breakfast我也試了不少,最為喜歡他的薯片,這裏的薯片不是脆脆的那種薯格,也不是一般的薯片零食,而是軟軟的切出來的「薯仔片」,沒有那麼熱氣及令我感到很heavy的感覺。我就叫了一個肉類愛好者漢堡,內裏全是肉,吃後非常飽,很滿足,但真的不太健康,哈哈,餐牌其實有不少更健康的選擇,下次我會再來試試!

2019-11-17
2019-11-18 574 views
This was my second time visiting Oolaa, but I fell in love with the place even more! It’s a super nice, quiet restaurant tucked away near mid levels. We sat by the cafe area and were seated on the sofas, which made the entire Sunday brunch experience even more chilled 😍😍 I’m a sucker for any brunch food and I’d normally go for some poached eggs and avocado on toast, but probably the change in weather has made me hungry all the time so I opted for the Oolaa big breakfast and the breakfast burger

I’m a sucker for any brunch food and I’d normally go for some poached eggs and avocado on toast, but probably the change in weather has made me hungry all the time so I opted for the Oolaa big breakfast and the breakfast burger instead!

The portion of the food was amazingly huge and left us super satisfied for the remaining day... the burger was paired with this freshly made tomato sauce which tasted bomb, and it was layered with a fried egg, hash brown, sausage patty and bacon - what a satisfying burger! The big breakfast was really nice as well - scrambled eggs were done just right, and I particularly loved their sautéed mushrooms!

Coming back again next time to try out their dinner - impressed!
2019-11-17
$150 (Lunch)
2019-10-05 1327 views
想食個英式噶早餐,就早早去哩間店度歎翻個早餐。點左個傳統噶英式早餐,有腸仔,炒蛋,火腿煙肉,西多士等等,滴蛋炒得好滑,鹹淡剛剛好,我比較中意個餐裏邊噶腸仔,脆蔔蔔,口感一流,然後吃幾塊西多士,滿足啦!
最近同同事朋友去咗Oolaa慶祝生日birthday lunch。作為中環人,蘇豪區PMQ附近的確不乏西餐廳。一入到門面,發覺環境的確不錯,沙律吧亦都幾吸引。但係,佢嘅圓檯其實坐得唔係太過舒適,可能就返外國人size嘅關係,坐位同檯嘅距離有點高,對於細粒嘅朋友嚟講可能要避免坐入去。除咗沙律外,我哋每人叫咗一個set lunch,而大部份人都叫咗紐西蘭牛扒。牛扒上碟賣相當然有返咁上下,而味道亦不俗!外層碳燒味好濃,切開亦都鎖住肉汁,肉質非常淋同埋易入口。配菜有芝士薯仔,亦另胃口大增。而朋友叫咗嘅漢堡味道都不錯,係薯條略嫌有啲太咸,整體嚟講亦算係唔錯嘅西餐廳!當然價錢亦唔會好平,只能說中規中矩,環境服務一流。味道 ⭐️⭐️⭐️服務 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️環境 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️性價比 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

而朋友叫咗嘅漢堡味道都不錯,係薯條略嫌有啲太咸,整體嚟講亦算係唔錯嘅西餐廳!當然價錢亦唔會好平,只能說中規中矩,環境服務一流。

味道 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
服務 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
環境 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
性價比 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
2019-05-17 3726 views
This, really! Ouch at Oolaa is really what my stomach screamed on seeing this plate for something that had pesto!What I imagined based on the description was a vibrant green plate with a generous serving of pesto topped on part baked, part smooth and soft gnocchi.What I saw and got was this big plate of deep fried gnocchi with olives and greens, and a meagre drizzle of pesto. The gnocchi itself was done well, a nice chewy texture having been fried - first of it's trying for me. But what disappoi

The gnocchi itself was done well, a nice chewy texture having been fried - first of it's trying for me. But what disappointed me was the pesto or the lack of it! I did ask for some more pesto and they gladly bought out another (albeit small again) portion in a little bowl.

The portion was huge and two people could easily share it with an appetizer.

They have lunch specials but risotto was the only vegetarian entree there which I didn't want, so I went with a stand-alone pasta.

The place is huge, popular with families with kids for their brunches.What was good was their service - and with a group of more than 15, they managed it pretty well.

More photos and details on the blog - thevegetarianvoyager
2019-05-11 2225 views
今日brunch 主題係要健康,oolaa 早餐/brunch ,有唔少green /veggie/vegan options 。呢個叫the warm green brunch , 底層係quinoa, 煮熟了的kale同埋脆卜卜嘅杏仁片,面頭有半隻牛油果,一隻水煮蛋同halloumi cheese ! 唔好似為全部菜食唔飽,每種材料都有特出味道,加上新鮮檸檬汁,清新有益得來又夠飽肚。 所有菜都偏淡,冇乜調味,食得出新鮮原味道,halloumi cheese 好夠咸,加埋其他菜食剛好味道平衡。加上蕃茄汁一杯,為我個健康brunch 劃上完美句號。至於同行嘅朋友,選擇食得邪惡點,係breakfast burger ,入面夾左hash brown ,腸仔同bacon,仲有件大到「嘔」左出來嘅煎蛋,賣相吸引。

The  warm  green   Brunch

$ 125
The  big  breakfast  burger
$ 100
2019-05-08 1656 views
同男朋友今日放假起身好想食個英式早餐,所以就落咗樓下,位於PMQ附近嘅西餐廳享受呢一附近嘅西餐廳享受呢一個英式早餐。男朋友知道我好鍾意食egg bendict,特別幫我叫咗個煙三文魚egg ben。而我男朋友就點左一個傳統英式早餐,我哋仲一人share左一半。令我最難忘嘅事薯餅,有別於一般嘅薯餅,佢個形狀一來特別,以來十分之香脆,配搭番茄醬絕對係開胃自選!另外值得一提嘅係餐廳嘅環境,比人哋一種好假日休閒嘅感覺,喺繁忙嘅鬧市享受片刻嘅寧靜。
2019-04-15 2038 views
公司食team lunch,一行十多人。午餐有幾款選,有素食選擇。上菜好慢,連上甜品都等好耐,趕時間就去別處。2-Course Set Lunch $1453-Course Set Linch $165Salad Bar 無限次Salad Bar $150老實說,不推介 Salad Bar $150,Salad Bar不算多選擇,即使無限次,呢個價唔抵。2或3個 Course午餐的頭盤也可有沙律選,餐牌有細字寫明只能拿一次 (one visit),個碟好細,食客都好有以前 Pizza Hut試過任疊沙律,個個都慢慢砌,因為只能拿一次而個碟好細。☝️我努力砌的沙律極度不滿意這味sea bass,煮得又乾、又”鞋”、又無味,要自加鹽、黑椒去調味,又細塊,不過因為太乾鞋都無食晒,搞到肚空空,於是再叫甜品。個牛扒相對地好好多,薯條好正,脆口,仲好多,扒也算大,比個魚的size大,個魚真係好唔得。個扒比魚貴$15,牛好得多。因為個魚食完等於無食,所以後加了甜品。Tropical Fruit Cheesecake不錯,酸酸甜甜好醒胃😋好在有佢,否則靠個魚就唔掂。
公司食team lunch,一行十多人。午餐有幾款選,有素食選擇。上菜好慢,連上甜品都等好耐,趕時間就去別處。

Flame  Grilled  Black  Angus  Rib-Eye
$ 180
Chocolate  Mousse
Tropical  Fruit  Cheesecake
I booked here because it was close to where our friend’s hotel. Our friend is a Caucasian so I thought it would be “safe” to dine at Oolaa after checking out the photos of the menus. We ordered a couple of starters to share: The Spicy Szechuan Dumplings 🥟 and the Crunchy Seafood Lettuce Tacos 🍤🌮🥬. The spicy dumplings dipping sauce was really burning 🥵 yet our friend who used to reside in Szechuan enjoyed it very much and he finished off the sauce in no time. My husband who cannot really take any

We ordered a couple of starters to share: The Spicy Szechuan Dumplings 🥟 and the Crunchy Seafood Lettuce Tacos 🍤🌮🥬. The spicy dumplings dipping sauce was really burning 🥵 yet our friend who used to reside in Szechuan enjoyed it very much and he finished off the sauce in no time. My husband who cannot really take any spicy food was carefully dipping his dumpling into the soya sauce and ensuring not one drop of spicy sauce would touch his dumpling 🤣.

With the Crunchy Lettuce Tacos, we actually ordered it with soft shell crab 🦀 yet unfortunately staff informed us that they ran out of it, so we changed it to shrimp instead of crab. When the tacos arrived, they blew me away as they were absolutely AMAZING!!!
The deep-fried shrimps were lying on top of the layers of fresh lettuce leaves with some thousand island like sauce (a little spicy 🌶 but I could handle that). There were mango slices and avocado mashed in between the layers and they were just soooooooooooo delicious. I would highly recommend this dish to everyone (except children 😜).

For mains, we ordered the Cobb Salad with Grilled Chicken, the Vietnamese Chicken Salad and the California Chicken Club Sandwich with Gluten-Free Bun. My hubby who loves Cobb Salad was a bit disappointed 😞 when the salad came, as he was expecting blue cheese and bacon bits in the salad yet none of them were there... so he did not even finish it. With the Vietnamese Chicken Salad, I believe our friend who has not had veggies for a while just love it 😍. The shredded chicken were all mixed with the shredded cabbage so I could hardly tell whether the chicken was really there (well my friend told us it was inside, not much but it’s there and he was loving the sweet and spicy dressing).

As for me, I was ok with the chicken club. I have not tried gluten free bread before so did not know what they were supposed to taste like, I think it was a little dry for me. The chicken breast was also quite hard and dry to chew on, glad that the sauce which contains alfalfa and avocado 🥑 was a nice touch between the chicken and bun... oh forgot to mention about the sweet potato fries 🍠🍟 which came with my club, they were yummy 😋! I would order that on its own next time for sure!

For the price, the 3 mains we ordered were all HKD 100 each which was Oolaa’s Sunday and Monday Food Club Deal. So could not complain too much. They also have a few starters (like the Szechuan Dumplings) which are HKD 50 each for customers to choose from, as well as drinks and desserts 🍨🍮. This place is nice for gathering with family and friends and I think I might return to try our other dishes.

2019-04-08
$200 (Dinner)
2019-03-28 824 views
逢星期一,oolaa 就是我俩的飯堂 ,因為她逢星期一做$200 兩個main dishes 的 promotion , prosseco/餐酒 也只不過$50 一杯劃一收費。今晚點我點了chicken asparagus risotto ,他點了chicken fajita 。 兩者份量都很大 ,通常吃不完都打包做第二天的lunch . Oolaa weekend 好多人,除了local neighbourhood 的 還有好多本地遊客 ,所以weekend 我很少來 ,反正離家只2-3分鐘路程 ,星期一在這吃飯好舒服的 ,這裡的waiters/waitresses 都很熱情,也認得我們。兩人吃個好滿足才$300多 ,超值!

兩人吃個好滿足才$300多 ,超值!

$330
2019-03-08 992 views
I've dined at Oolaa a total of 4 times since its opening, and each time is more disappointing than the last.My experience yesterday was appalling, so much so that I felt the need to come here and discuss it. Yeah, I'm passive aggressive like that. (but my friend did give the staff our feedback.)I ordered a 3 course lunch set:1. Tuna Tartare - ingredients were decent, not the freshest, but edible. The miso dressing was too salty for my taste, but that's just me.2. Pan Roasted Fillet of Cod -  - a

I ordered a 3 course lunch set:
2. Pan Roasted Fillet of Cod -
 - a VERY misleading name to the dish. Check out my photo below. See that bowl of pasta? See the cherry tomato? See the 2 pieces of fish SMALLER than half a piece of cherry tomato? That's my fillet of cod. Imagine you're on the Keto, thought you're getting some protein for lunch but instead is met with big plate of squid-ink pasta with a side of bread. That's just fraud.
The worst part is that the whole dish was bland. The pasta water was under-salted, so the basis of this dish is already ruined. The whole thing was so flat and so tasteless that the piece of pea shoot atop the dish pretty much over-powered everything.
3. Ginger Creme Brulee - nothing was bruleed. It a bowl of cream with sugar crystals on top. definitely not a redeeming quality to my disastrous main course.

Maybe other dishes were better, right? Nope.
Steak is pretty difficult to screw up, so my friend ordered the angus beef, medium rare. When she cut into it, it did appear to be red, but how could it be so hard to chew? She offered me a piece, and it tasted burnt despite there being no blackened charring. It was also very under-seasoned, lacking not only salt, but even the taste of beef.

The food here was so bad I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Why is Oolaa still in business?
I am baffled.
Pan Roasted Fillet of Cod
2019-03-07
$200 (Lunch)
2018-12-14 3362 views
I always come back here to chill and have a full on English breakfast, or egg benedict, or a semi-buffet lunch.I would be rather grateful to have found this little hangout place earlier this year and I always come back for its ambiance, service and food quality. So far, it never let me down. The portion is generous and always keeps me filled for 6-8 hours.

The portion is generous and always keeps me filled for 6-8 hours.
2018-10-19 4330 views
Oolaa是我個人好鍾意嘅Lunch Spot,佢有非常舒服嘅環境(沉色木裝修,舒服嘅梳化凳,枱同枱之間有足夠空間),精美嘅頭盤沙律自助餐,同高質嘅主菜,合埋連加一都唔洗兩舊水。唯一問題係地點唔就腳,要喺PMQ圓創方再向半山方向行兩條街。夏天要行個條大斜路就辛苦啲,由上環地鐵站來回要行起碼半個鐘。即使係咁,佢嘅性價比依然冠絕中上環。呢碟攞咗Cold Cut,墨西哥酥皮卷,越南米紙卷,烤茄子,茅屋芝士。呢碟攞咗naan bread,長通粉,烤西蘭花,烤黃椒,豆角沙律,乳酪青瓜,Cold Cut,茅屋芝士同米紙卷。由上面兩幅圖可見,佢嘅沙律頭盤係多國籍,多選擇,而且材料新鮮,調味清新。如果揀啲飽肚食物的話,淨係攞一次已經可以塞飽個胃,記得留肚。New Zealand Lamp Rump 係比較少見嘅羊肉部位。你見到啲肥膏好有存在感,食落真係入口即溶,嗰陣羊滋味諗起都流口水。面頭有啲薄荷香草醬提起羊味,伴碟嘅菜亦毫不吝嗇。Duck Leg Confit 工序繁複,鴨皮烤到脆卜卜,啲肉比新鮮鴨更有咬口同肉香。成隻鴨肶係Full Size,加埋煎到金黃色嘅薯仔、滑子菇同惹味嘅醬汁,係晚市主菜嘅級
呢碟攞咗Cold Cut,墨西哥酥皮卷,越南米紙卷,烤茄子,茅屋芝士。

呢碟攞咗naan bread,長通粉,烤西蘭花,烤黃椒,豆角沙律,乳酪青瓜,Cold Cut,茅屋芝士同米紙卷。
由上面兩幅圖可見,佢嘅沙律頭盤係多國籍,多選擇,而且材料新鮮,調味清新。如果揀啲飽肚食物的話,淨係攞一次已經可以塞飽個胃,記得留肚。
Duck Leg Confit 工序繁複,鴨皮烤到脆卜卜,啲肉比新鮮鴨更有咬口同肉香。成隻鴨肶係Full Size,加埋煎到金黃色嘅薯仔、滑子菇同惹味嘅醬汁,係晚市主菜嘅級數。

簡單講,咁嘅質素嘅主菜,午市可以連埋自助頭盤百五蚊真係抵到爛。