This restaurant served me a bowl of congee that nearly killed me. The following facts are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I advise everyone who wants to visit any store of this restaurant think twice.
Around 4pm of the Christmas Day, I ordered a bowl of All Pork Congee(及第粥 in Chinese, which BY NO MEANS should contain any fish bones or bones in general) in the Lyndhurst St Store. No longer than a few mouthful, I was choked on a SIZEABLE fish bone. I signalled my situation to the staff and carefully said a word to ask for a cup of water but they were ignorant enough to give me hot water and boiling soup for “rinsing my mouth”. WORST OF ALL is that all the staff at the scene were indifferent to the life and dead situation I was facing. Only upon my vehement insistence did they reluctantly called 999 but refused to ask for the police when asked by 999 although sending the police is part of the usual procedure (I was choked so I couldn’t talk to the 999 officer myself, I later learnt of such selfish act from the police who handled my complaint) Also they tried to dodge their responsibilities: only after the emergency service officer asked several times for what happened did they divulge that the utensil for preparing my congee was used to prepare other congee which contains fish bones. A hugely irresponsible food preparation process with gross negligence which might endanger a customer’s life. There was NO warning whatsoever in the shop which would inform customers of such dangerous and allegedly illegal food preparation process.
At the end. I was lucky enough to be sent to the nearest hospital in time and the foreign object in my throat(ie the large fish bone) was taken out by the A&E physicists. I’m willing to testify for the truth of this incident and retell my story on all possible channels so that no one would ever experience something as risky and horrifying as this again in normal time, let alone Christmas.
What a DEADLY experience!