|Taste ||Environment ||Service ||Hygiene |
Value for Money
MK style japanese restaurant Jul 01, 2010
Heard a lot of news about this restaurant (or i should say the one in the old address). Finally, come and tried its all-you-can-eat dinner.
Although the shop is located in Jordan, when i walked in the restaurant, it feels like I was in Mongkok, the setting, lighting, seats and the noisy diners all made me think I was in Mongkok.
My friend was late, therefore I sat down by myself first. Then, I grabbed the menus and order 1-2 pieces of most items so as to see which one I should go for when my friend come. (I didn't order the rice or noodle, as it is an all-you-can-eat, no one should order that in the beginning, unless you really want carbohydrate). The drink is also included in the "all-you-can-eat price), I ordered a tangerine and lemon soda. (And my first drink took almost forever to come, my drink didn't get deliver to me even after my friend arrived, order his drink and got his drink. )
here is my analysis of the food there:
1. Sashimi -- only Salmon was fresh and tasty, 馬刀貝 was ok, others were just not fresh and tasteless and could be skipped
2. Sushi -- edible, so-so, nothing special, haven't ordered 2nd round after the first round.
3. miso soup -- edible but tasteless
4. tempura -- not bad, tasty, re-ordered some
5. grill saba -- not bad, my favorite japanese dish
6. lamb chop was GOOD, really good
7. sesame seed chicken wing -- so-so, nothing special, it was yet another chicken wing dish
8. 串燒 -- good, all of them was not bad, i particular like chicken kidney, chicken wing and beef tongue, we ordered and re-ordered many 串燒
9. ice-cream -- there were many flavors you can choose, and i picked, green tea (my favorite) and red bean. Yet the green tea ice cream tasted REAL bad !!! So disappointing! after the first spoon I haven't touch it. On the other hand, the red bean is good, but i had too many 串燒, and could not re-order the red bean ice-cream
10. there was also a bake oyster dish which is not on the menu, I saw other table had that and asked the waiter and he said it is a special dish not on the menu, but he could check if there was any left. (yau mo gau chor, special dish not on the menu, but no one has told us), yet after tasting it, i found it nothing special.
Overall 松屋 is OK. Despite the not so good sashimi and sushi and green tea ice cream and the not-so-special bake oyster, if you treat 松屋 as a 串燒 and tempura shop, for $190, it is a real bargin.
Recommended Dish(es): 串燒,lamb chop
Date of Visit: Jun 21, 2010
Spending per head: Approximately HKD190(Dinner)
Value for Money4