Expensive! Dec 15, 2010
I've been to this venue on several occasions with mixed reaction.
One time that I came here on a Thursday, I sat down at a small table with a friend, and my digital camera must have fallen out of my pocket. However, it was never returned, and staff said they never saw it.
* Generally, a friendly and easy-going crowd on Tuesdays and Thursdays (free table tennis and pool, but have to be put on waiting list). However, crowd is picking up now, and is getting more sleazy. I have sat with some girlfriends, and had numerous approaches whilst minding our own business. Not good!
* Outside area for smoking is cosy and nice view of Wyndham Street.
* Decor inside is grand, pods hovering as lights, well-spaced bar, and capacity for 2 x table tennis tables, and 1 x pool table. Plus there is a pinball machine in the corner.
* Great vintage retro music, and great music system. Although there wasn't any place to dance when we went on Thursday night, there were several people still dancing, because the music was fun and really getting the crowd into it.
* Many yummy models (both male and female) frequented here whenever I come here. I think the owner (?) has some connection with models, or so my Cantonese friend told me.
* Came to order food, and there were specials for the French Fries for $45. However, when it came, the waitress said it was $62! I couldn't work that out and waitress didn't bother to explain. Fries were nice but expensive, and came only with tomato sauce.
* I though cocktails were $110 as shown on the menu. Order the Ping and Pong cocktails. Found out that they are in fact, $121 each (as price doesn't include 10% service charge!). Gave the waiter $300. Took waiter 20 minutes to return with the change. As my bill was $242, was expecting $58 change. What they did was give me one $10 note and the rest were in coins. I didn't really until I took the note and left the coins in the folder which the waiter was holding in his hands waiting. Waiter gave a big thank you and walked away. One time when I took all the coins and change back, waiter walked off in a puff, quite angry in fact! TAKE NOTE: Waiters will take 15 mins + to give you change if you are sitting outside or on one of their numerous small tables, and when they do, they will try to give it to you all in coins, which they expect you not to take, and to leave as tips! ADVICE: Take all the change, as they are already charging $121 for ONE COCKTAIL!!! Bottle of water costs $60 (they didn't allow me to have a glass of water). Coca-Cola costs $70. And a shot of tequila which my friend had is $90!!!
OVERALL: Nice inside on Thursday nights. Don't need to be member to enter (but on Friday and Saturday you do). Free pool and table tennis tables (but must be in waiting list). HOWEVER (AND A BIG HOWEVER AT THAT) is that ALL DRINKS AND FOOD ARE A RIP-OFF and the WAITING STAFF WILL TRY TO SHORT-CHANGE YOU. My advice: Worth seeing once, but don't stay for too long, otherwise it's going to get expensive!
Date of Visit: Nov 18, 2010
Spending per head: Approximately HKD200(Other)
Value for Money1