|Taste ||Environment ||Service ||Hygiene |
Value for Money
Good milk on a farm Mar 17, 2010
Saw this on openrice and meant to come here to give it a try. Being a HK island person, this seems quite out of the way and never got around to visiting here until today. As it turns out, it is actually a short pleasant drive and took me about half an hour to get here from Central.
Driving directions as follows:
- get on highway 3 and go through Tai Lam Tunnel
- after the tunnel, go to the left most lane to get off at Pak Heung
- follow Pak Heung road and when you get to the end, make a right onto Kam Sheung Road
- follow Kam Sheung Road until you get to a round about where you can go to Tsuen Wan
- follow this Tsuen Kam road. start looking for the route 51 bus stops. at the second stop from the roundabout, there is a minibus station and a small road that you can go downhill
- follow this road downhill over the dam and go all the way to the end. u will see 3 barbeque areas on the way. after the third one, there is a large public toilet. the farm is right after that on your right.
Since it is a weekday, there were only two other customers. Got to try the ginger milk which was heavenly. The milk taste was not as strong as the steamed milk but the texture was as smooth as silk. The steamed milk, on the other hand, is not as smooth as Bo Li in Macau but the milk taste is stronger. I really enjoyed the strong milk taste in the steamed milk as I haven't find any others that are comparable in HK yet. Definitely worth a visit.
Date of Visit: Mar 17, 2010
Value for Money3
薑汁撞奶 Apr 10, 2009
Had a hiking from Tai Mo Shan along the Cap Lung Forest trail. The weather was very good. We walked downhill and there was plenty of tree cover. very comfortable. the bonus of the trip a bowl of 薑汁撞奶!
We were very surprised that there were so many people. The kids were taking photos for the "so so" black lamb. They were actually quite ungry compared with the cutie sheep!
There was a long queue in the store. We bought two 薑汁撞奶. good flavour of ginger. Not too sweet. just like drinking milk.
It is not recommended to sit outside. two little insects fell onto my milk milk.
Recommended Dish(es): 薑汁撞奶
Date of Visit: Apr 10, 2009
Spending per head: Approximately HKD13(Tea)
Value for Money3