|Taste ||Environment ||Service ||Hygiene |
Value for Money
|Alcoholic Drinks||Phone Reservation||Parking|
thanks friends~! May 29, 2011
my last visit was long long time ago, more than 10yrs?
this was my third choice, the first and second choices were already full, what a busy weekend night.
overall, services were okay; they did clean up the table fast and got our bill ready before we asked. but we stayed till very late and no one's trying to kick us out (or were we too focused on our gossips so weren't aware of? haha).
in general dishes were okay. i love the crab with shanghai rice cake, the crab was sweet and rice cake was tender. meat dumpling was nice, the fried pea was very tasty, and the drunk chicken smelled good.
Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)
Date of Visit: May 28, 2011
Spending per head: Approximately HKD288(Dinner)
Value for Money3
好食上海菜 Jan 18, 2010
There are enough review for 老飯店. I just want to highlight, the simpler the dish, the harder it is. I always love cold plate like 白切肉, 鎮江餚肉 and basic stir fry 清炒蝦仁. 老飯店 does it very very well. The 蔥燒海參 also exceptional. Note of caution, it's quite a pricey restaurant !
Recommended Dish(es): 白切肉, 鎮江餚肉, 清炒蝦仁
Spending per head: Approximately HKD1500(Dinner)
Value for Money2
TWU Gathering Apr 01, 2009
After a month's arranagement, here we are our Uni gathering in a table of 12, but two just can't come due to sudden event, so we end up with 10 ppl.
We each order a dish, and we end up with the following:
Cold jelly fish
- this is cold enough
- the jellyfish is soft n crunchy
- a bit too much sesame oil
- the bone is very hard
- the "meat" on it is very soft
- werid...i should not have try this
Deep fried green onion cake
- this is the best!!
- the cake has a deep fried outside
- the green onion within are making the taste very good and salty
- the filling of green onion is tender and hot
pork n lettuce rice noodle cake
- the rice noodle cake is chewy, very good
- the salty level - soya sauce is good
- lettuce n pork are good
- this is a good dish, not too greasy
"cheung cha" Duck
- the smoke duck taste is quite special
- the little flour biscuit on the side are sweet - or shall i call those steam bun? they are nice
- crispy skin after deep friend, very good dish
steam pork dumpling
- this is normal
- enough soup in the dumpling
- the meat is ok...but its' a bit too fulfilling
pan fried prawn
- this is a bit greasy
- the prawn is right to size
- very appealing
smoke egg with walnut
- the egg is cute
- it's a smoke taste i never knew this exist, i do like it
- walnuts are very crispy
- this plate is nicely done
- no idea what my friends ordered
- but very nice, not greasy
- there's BBQ pork, lettuce..maybe this is yeung chow fried rice
- good choice
tofu noodle with shanghai pak choy
- this is cute, the tofu noodle are chewy, rough texture
- pak choy is ok in soup
- soup is a bit salty
- nice plate
"mui" veggie steam FAT pork
- this is very good
- the pork are half fat and half lean
- the mui veggie are preserved veggie, nicely go with the sweet & salty soya sauce
- goes very well with the fried rice
Date of Visit: Mar 30, 2009
Spending per head: Approximately HKD180(Dinner)
Value for Money3
I love fatty food Jan 11, 2008
I want to buy myself a new year gift and asked R to meet at TST east. Then I suggest to go to 東來順but R counter suggest to go Old restaurant. I said ok if I can order my favourite dish 紅燒圓蹄. R want to have 烤雙方. Totally agreed as I love fatty food. Then follow with 醉鴿and 小籠包. We really meat lover and finished all. Large portion and taste good.
Next station is cheung sha wan - dessert.
Spending per head: Approximately HKD300
Value for Money3
Dan Dan Mian Sep 20, 2005
Personally, I think this restaurant has the best dan dan mian in town. I've been trying other places and they just don't compare. It's only 30 dollars a bowl, although the portion could be a little bigger. Other dishes are quite good aswell for lunch and for dinner. The friendliness of staff vary. Some are nice, and some just don't care. The overall restauarant is nice, and the window seats have a cool view of nathan road and kowloon park.
Value for Money4