|Taste ||Environment ||Service ||Hygiene |
Value for Money
|Alcoholic Drinks||Phone Reservation|
Value for money Dec 18, 2012
Went for morning dimsum at 8am on a saturday. Didn't have to wait long for a table.
This is the 3rd time I've been here and each time, the spending per head comes up to less than HKD 100 per person despite the massive amounts that I order. Really value for money.
This time, I ordered the following dishes for 3 persons:
1. Rice roll stuffed with charsiew - 3.5 out of 5 stars
2. Rice roll stuffed with beef - 3 out of 5 stars
3. Charsiew so (BBQ meat pastry) - 4 out of 5 stars. Yummy
4. Siew mai - 4 out of 5 stars. The prawn was quite big for a siew mai.
5. Har gao - 4 out of 5 stars. Prawn was fresh.
6. Congee with preserved egg and pork - 2.5 out of 5 stars. Didn't really get much pork. Lots of preserved egg though.
7. Goose feet - 3.5 out of 5 stars. This is the variation of the classic chicken feet. The chicken feet dish, which I had tried on previous visits, was worth 4 stars.
8. Fried noodles with soy sauce - 3.5 out of 5 stars. Ok dish. Noodles wasn't too dry or oily. Not much ingredients though.
It's a place that I'll come back again, primarily due to its value for money. At this price, you don't really get much service though. Most of the time, I had to self-help to top up my own pot of tea.
Recommended Dish(es): Har gao,Siew mai
Table Wait Time: 3 minute(s)
Date of Visit: Dec 15, 2012
Spending per head: Approximately HKD100(Breakfast)
Value for Money5
cheap chinese dinner Oct 07, 2010
fried chicken (1/2) +steam fish= $108
fried chicken size is ok and it’s freshly fried, hot and the outer layer is crispy, meat is juicy and with some soya source it’s nice….
Steam fish right time to steam, meat is smooth and it’s a live fish which is very fresh, however they add too much soya source so that it makes the fish too salty…..and this fish arrive to my desk very late…
Baby duck+vegetable with ginger=$78
Baby duck’s size is really small, but outer layer is crispy….meat is abit dry but acceptable….with some sweet and sour source it’s quite good…
Vegetableit’s very fresh and green….too much ginger there so that it’s quite spicy…..big portion, so it’s quite worth~
I hope they can provide some fruits or sweet soup after the dinner……..
Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)
Spending per head: Approximately HKD100(Dinner)
Value for Money4
Great food and good price Apr 09, 2010
My first time to Tao Heung. Couldn't believe that they serve $1 chicken! :-)
The chicken is good, and the fish head pot is especially tasty!
Recommended Dish(es): fish head pot with ginger
Date of Visit: Apr 07, 2010
Spending per head: Approximately HKD80
Value for Money5