M & I stroll to Mongkok, decided to have dinner at Langham place...
We were lining up at steak expert, but they don't seems to care about people going. After 20 min we decided to try out luck at Cafe MED.
We sat down at a table for 4, the MANAGER asks us to move over as there's 3-ppl's crowd coming in. Fair enough, but then the 3-ppl's group move to the table NEXT to that one we just moved from
We order a 2 people dinner set HK$188
1) soup of the day - cream of something
* This is worst soup i'd ever have. Teh soup is only HALF warm!! nuts!!! It's so sweet, it doen'st taste like soup but chinese dessert. It looks like white water with oily floating on the surface, nothing in the soup and taste terrible
2) Cheeze mussel
* this is actually so so
that's a surprise. 4 mussels - 2 female, 2 males - which shows they did put effort in the thought of food.
3) The most famous BBQ Baby rib
* this is fine, it is almost like spagetti house's standard, and big enough portion. The rib is soft and nice.
4) Black pepper steak on rice
* the sauce is ok, steak is very chewy, overall it's an ok dish
5) 1-piece of blue berry cheezecake
* why one piece between 2 ppl?? dun get it
* this is EXCELLENT!! i might come back just coz of this
Drink : hot chocolate
* what have i ordered? cocoa in water? i should have just order any kind of drink but this...
Beside the food is just so so, their management is so poor, it is going to drive customer out the door. They need better management!!!
We order set dinner, the Baby rib comes FIRST before anything comes. We ask the watier to have our soup and appetiser first. He walks off with our rib.
A waitress comes back with the rib saying it's going to be cold in there (pointing to the kitchen), she pulls another table just to put the ribs on it : to get cold instead of letting it get cold in the kitchen. Does that even make sense?
The waitress comes with the rice in 5 mins. Now 2 main courses getting cold on the table next to ours for us.
In another 10 min the waitress comes back with the soup and appetiser. The waiter returns in 1 min after the waitress left and saying he will take back the rib and get the soup and appetiser. HUH? what?
I looked at him and say...but the soup and the appetiser just arrived?! what do you mean? He then realized food has arrived. It seems that he has done a lot of work to arrange the main dishes to go back in the kitchen and then he will fetch the soup and appetiser...
It seems everyone is exhausted becuase they need to serve each table with the exact same thing and not shared work.
Our next table 2 ppl ordered food. Their food arrived and they can only look blankly at the food while we are getting our bill. They do not give people anything to eat with?
They seriously need better management, as all the ppl do the same thing repeated and not share effort, they do have enough people to do the job, but everyone is doing everything. It is going to drive everyone nuts.
If i visit this restaurant again, probably i'd be doing blueberry cheezecake take out only...or just take out....not going to go through this kind of management again...
ruin all the mood for my dinner....no mood to eat....
Black Pepper steak on rice
Spending per head: Approximately HKD100(Dinner)Other Ratings:
Value for Money 3