I went to King Ludig Beerhall once with my boyfriend last year for tea buffet. Although the variety of food was limited, the quality was not bad!
But this time, it is so disappointing!
1) Smoked salmon only appeared once when the tea buffet started at 3pm. I was too late to get them so I kept waiting. However, there was no refill anymore!! How come?
2) The grilled white sausages, chicken wings and ribs were alright. But the luncheon meat and the sausages (beef + chicken/ pork) were terribly salty which were non-edible.
3) The choice of variety was extremely limited. All I could eat was the macaroni salad and fried fish with chips which were with relatively better tastes. The taste of the desserts was quite bad!
4) The fresh-made pasta section allowed you to pick the ingredients you want to tailor your own dish. However, when I reached the counter at 4pm (still had 1 hour before the buffet ended), the ingredients looked like crap! The mussels meat were all gone but the shells remained, the shrimps looks very dry and not fresh at all. What’s more, when I told the cook that I would like to have spaghetti to go with my bacon, he said only penne was available! How come such a big restaurant couldn’t provide any spaghetti? What’s wrong? It’s totally ridiculous! At the end, the penne tasted extremely salty again!
5) The service of one of the staff member was really bad and unfriendly. My boyfriend and I stayed inside of the restaurant but the corridor behind my boyfriend’s seat was really narrow. Waiters and customers kept struggle through that corridor hard. Whenever my boyfriend was not in his seat, that staff member (a middle-aged man with dark complexion, looked like Chinese) pushed my boyfriend’s chair so hard towards our table, not only one time, but at least 5 times! He’s that bloody rude!
I am extremely disappointed with this restaurant. I can’t believe that my boyfriend and I traveled for 30 minutes from Aberdeen to Stanley just to eat crappy food with crappy service and crappy environment!
If you have a chance to dine in this restaurant, don’t you ever try the tea buffet or you’ll regret for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date of Visit: Jun 13, 2009
Spending per head: Approximately HKD140(Tea)Other Ratings:
Value for Money 1