Parmesan Crusted New Zealand Orange Roughy 芝士烤新西蘭紅魚
A tasty dish cooked with New Zealand Orange Roughy, which is a deep sea dwelling ocean fish found in the South Pacific around Australia and New Zealand.
Provided by 新西蘭全接觸 New Zealand Focus
Average | Time:
Source:New Zealand Focus
Ingredient and Portion:
New Zealand Orange Roughy Fillets 2 kg
Powdered Parmesan cheese 200g
Ingredients for the bacon vinaigrette:
Streaky bacon 150g
Small shallot(diced) 2pc
Sherry vinegar 100ml
Olive Oil 150ml
Chopped parsley 2 tsp
1. Cut the fish in to portions;
2. Season lightly with salt and pepper, dust one side with flour and coat in the beaten egg, then press into the parmesan cheese to create a thin even coating;
3. With a little oil in a hot non-stick pan, ‘seal’ the fish to give golden color. Finish cooking in the oven for about 5mins at 200 degrees;
4. For the vinaigrette, cook the bacon in a pan until it starts to become crispy;
5. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar, it will bubble and reduce in the hot pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and spoon over the fish;
6. Serve with potato, tomato and your favourite vegetable.
1. Stand-back from the hot pan when you add the vinegar into the bacon.
2. For an interesting tomato preparation; cut a small cross in the base of a vine tomato, plunge into boiling water for 6-7 seconds, then plunge into ice water. Carefully peel the skin upwards and dry in a low oven – 110 degrees for 90 mins.