OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
Monchhichi~*
This is Monchhichi~* living in North Point. I am a 猩猩 , work in Admiralty. I like to hang out in Central, Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui. Shanghai, Japanese, French are my favorite cuisines. I also love , 煎鵝肝.
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review46 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended0 Recommended
Popularity5260 View(s)
Replies in Forum0 Comment(s)
Upload Photos73 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews0 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳1 My Restaurant(s)

Full View Full View   |   Map View Map View
Showing 1 to 5 of 46 Reviews in Hong Kong & Nearby Region
Super Durian Smile Aug 09, 2008   Edit
Categories : Hong Kong Style | Snack Shop & Deli | Dessert

Not eating durian long time, really can’t stand…thai style durian is also ok…

Realized this shop has “ super durian” and it cost $42!! I have high expectation! Wow..the size is really very very big. Good enough for 2, even 3 ( if you are able to find someone who can stand thai durian with you). Every ingredient is made of durian. It was dried durian on the top: crispy, nth special; then comes to homemade durian ice-cream: very yummy and special; the comes to fresh durian meat: a lot but I know that’s not made of good quality durians; then comes to durian cream: nth special; and it’s durian “frappe” at the bottom. There’s also a durian waffle. The name of desert is really self-explanatory.

Mango tofu saigo soup is very good, the base soup is really very rich and full of tofu flavor. Instead of very milky ( traditional ones), tofu flavor saigo soup is a very good choice. Mango is quite sour thought.

Malay durians..miss ya

Spending per head: Approximately HK$30(Night Snack)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 1  |

View Results
SO FAR SO BAD Cry Aug 09, 2008   Edit
Categories : Shanghai | Chinese Restaurant

After a German lunch, we decided to have Chinese style dinner.

I have heard about the restaurant for long and seems their noodles are quite nice. So we decided to give it a try.

First, let me complain about their service. It was really really bad and insufficient. (1) we were sitting on a 4 ppl desk ( where most couples are sitting too) and suddenly, without request, they made two guests to sit besides us. OMG, isn’t this tea house or cheap fast food store? (2) when there are 3 dishes on our table, and the waitress wanted to deliver one more, she was so lazy to adjust the plates but just made us finish the appetizers >.< (3) when we discovered the fried beef cake is not yet done, they never apologized but just made another one for us. MANAGER, please check out the prices on your new menu, it’s not that expensive but I think I deserve better service than what I got today!

Food is fair, not authentic. 小籠包 is fair, soup inside is not good; 賽螃蟹 is so-so, nth special; fried beef cake is raw, taste is weird; there’s even hair on deep fried spare ribs…….sad

Ruined my dinner. I won’t pay this price for this quality.

raw

raw

ok

ok

had hair

had hair

Spending per head: Approximately HK$130(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |
 1  |
 3  |

2 Vote(s)   View Results
Gelato! Smile Aug 09, 2008   Edit
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Italian | Takeaway | Snack Shop & Deli | Dessert | Ice Cream/yogurt

A very nice gelato shop. Have nice chairs both outdoors and indoors. They served set tea but we were too full after pig knuckle.

Guess not satisfied with the desert in King Ludwig, we ordered two scoop (coconut and tofu) which cost $49.

Coconut is really nice. Strong flavor, creamy, thick and not too sweet. I love it very much.

Tofu is ok. Flavor is very strong but very sweet too. I guess as a person who can eat very very sweet food could not even stand that.

They also serve some special flavor gelato like black sticky rice (thai style), long-eye with Chinese tea ( Chinese style) etc.

Actually the texture of their ice-cream is very good, just need to get the flavor you like.

but the shop attendent is not helpful at all, he was in phone chatting with someone since we got in and till we got out...bad service.
Colorful

Colorful

Spending per head: Approximately HK$24(Tea)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |

1 Vote(s)   View Results
Friday Lunch at Stanley Smile Aug 09, 2008   Edit
Categories : German | Western Restaurant | Romantic Dining

Thanks to Beijing Olympic, I have extra half-day special holiday. And that’s so sweet that you take a day-off ^.^

A bit shower in the morning, originally I planned to go Saigon for lunch and go fly kite. But finally turned to Stanley coz it’s easier to go in bad weather.

Lunch here. Actually I didn’t decide to have such a heavy lunch: Roasted knuckle, Daily lunch set. Knuckle is really tasty and crispy. Portion is big enough for four. We could hardly finish them. But seems I like it more than you do >.<??

Ordered their set lunch too. That was soup/salad, one main course, one desert and a drink. We ordered carrot soup, spaghetti carbonara and iced tea. And we added $20 to upgrade set desert to one in their menu.

I think set lunch is fine, not special and I don’t feel German. It’s more western. But it only cost $108 so a reasonable price in Stanley.

However, what I don’t like is the desert we paid $20 more to upgrade. It’s like a dried pan-cake with a bit sweet cream inside…weird..

Staff is attentive ( a bit over indeed). And it’s very nice to seat on the balcony on weekdays, especially the temperature is rather cool.
free

free

Recommended Dish(es):  Pig knuckle

Spending per head: Approximately HK$145(Lunch)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 5  |

View Results
Happy special dinner Smile Aug 06, 2008   Edit
Categories : Western | International | Western Restaurant | Seafood | BBQ

I have to thank “You” for taking me there.

So excited that night, I have been longing for having a STONEGRILL experience there.

I have already planned to try these two appetizers according to different reviews in Openrice, would like to thanks everyone first!

1)Fried foie gras in apple sauce: foie gras is just well-done, but quality of foie gras are not really perfect. Anyway, sauce is good accompany of foie gras. And I have long not eating foie gras, so I am very happy!

2)baked parma ham with cheese and veggie on huge forest mushroom: a very good start of the night. Size is really big, I think can be main dish for ladies. Veggie is fresh, but I can’t really taste cheese. Quality of parma ham could be better coz that was a bit over-chewy.

3)Canadian Sirloin 10 oz. it is served raw and they also provided me the 400C Stone. Meat is good, complimentary side dishes are some beans and half potatoes which is so-so.

4)Australia lobster tail. They serve the whole lobster tail with a very good sauce ( lobster sauce?) but that was a bit expensive coz this single main costed $5xx. Thank “You” becoz u know I want to eat lobster so much!!

Almost forgot to mention their soup, every main came with daily soup and salad. That’s mushroom soup of the day and it was really very “MUSHROOM”. Value added!

I hadn't ordered any desert coz the desert menu didn’t catch me.

Recommended Dish(es):  foie gras, sirloin

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 5  |