OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
AK2012
This is AK2012 living in Kowloon Bay. I like to hang out in Central, Causeway Bay, Wan Chai. Hong Kong Style, Singaporean & Malaysian, Italian are my favorite cuisines. I also love Outdoor, Dim Sum Restaurant, Western Restaurant and Curry, Seafood, Dessert.
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review23 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended1 Recommended
Popularity2178 View(s)
Replies in Forum0 Comment(s)
Upload Photos68 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews0 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳0 My Restaurant(s)

Full View Full View   |   Map View Map View
Showing 1 to 5 of 23 Reviews in Hong Kong & Nearby Region
Poor Customer Service Cry Feb 20, 2012   Edit
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Western | Western Restaurant | Dessert | Fine Dining | Casual Drink

I was archiving some of my food photos and noticed this restaurant which I went last December. Thus, decided to share my experience here. Back then, we got to know about this restaurant through friend's recommendations. But at the same time, I did read some negative comments about the customer service from this restaurant. I didn't quite believe in it until I experienced it by myself.

We were planning to get some stuff from nearby area, so decided to take out a few hours in the afternoon to check out their high tea. My husband called them up few days before trying to make reservation but was told that they do not accept bookings for afternoon tea and asked us to reach there at 2.30pm as the high tea session starts at 3pm.

On that day, we reached there about 2.35pm, and there was a few groups of people queuing in front of us. There was a lady walking around getting information, e.g. how many people we have, what type of seat we prefer (indoor or outdoor), etc. And, we asked for indoor seat since the weather on that day was pretty cold and windy. At about 3pm, they started to get us seated. They got us seated at a long sofa couch, right beside a family of three. And, moments later, our order was taken. Things seemed to be quite alright and we were quite happy with it.

And minutes later, we started to see waiters/waitresses taking out their high tea sets from kitchen and started serving. After waiting for about 15-20 minutes, we were still not being served while others had been eating for a while, even those whom came much later than us. Then, we started to wonder if they had missed out our orders or something. They placed 1 waiter/waitress at every 2-3 tables. But the one whom are serving us and the table beside us, all he does was only paying attention in filling up their tea. He did not bother to care about us at all! Even we were waited there plainly while others had started eating long time ago. And I started to think: we are not 'brandedly' dressed from head-to-toe, we are just ordinary customers like the rest. Do we deserve this kind of discriminated service?

And when we finally asked him about our orders after waited for another 5 minutes, the waiter seemed to be blank if not blur. But nonetheless, he did went to check at their counter. This went on for like 5-10 minutes, and he still hasn't come back to us with updates. And then, I saw a waitress brought out another set from kitchen but went straight to other table which came very much later. And moments later, she came back and telling the supervisor/manager that the table she supposed to serve the set already having theirs. Then, I realized that they must have mixed up their orders and serve wrongly. Then, finally they realized about the mistake and handed the tea-set straight to our table without any explanantion made to us.

Well, as for their food..
On the first tray, vegetable spring roll - crispy, not too bad, the filling (mushroom, etc) taste a bit like chinese food; Smoked salmon with toasted bread and crab cake burger - nothing special to be mentioned. On the second tray, truffled scrambled egg - egg was good, very smooth, but the bread seemed to be quite hard; rib burger - did not try this as we do not take beef; chicken roll sandwich - taste like normal sandwich out there, nothing special to be mentioned. On the last try, chocolate fudge cake - rich in chocolate, quite nice; carrot cake - I was told this is Sevva's signature, quite nice but a little sweet to me, and the cake was quite small.

In summary, the food was alright but not fantastic, very nice view outside, but customer service wise, guess there are a lot of room for improvement. If you would to ask me whether I will pay them another visit in future, I really doubt that.. may be yes, may be no, yes because I am a cake lover, I would love to try out their cakes one day; And no, because of their poor service. I am not a difficult person to please, but I would expect better or at least much proper customer service for such a nice and prestige restaurant. Mixing up customers' order and letting customer to wait for half an hour without any explanation nor apology is unacceptable for such a prestige restaurant.
High Tea Set

High Tea Set

Table Wait Time: 30 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Feb 25, 2012

Spending per head: Approximately HK$300(Tea)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |
 4  |
 4  |

2 Vote(s)   View Results
Bad Customer Service Cry Jan 17, 2012   Edit
Categories : Japanese | Teppanyaki | Sushi/Sashimi

Feels like having teppanyaki today, so walked over to this restaurant nearby our house for dinner. We called to make reservation in the afternoon, so there's no waiting time for table. However, we waited for about 20-30 minutes before we get our first food item served. I quite agree with one of the review, posted by dairymeow titled "We felt like we never existed". So, if you are not going with at least 6 people, make sure you are not that hungry, because you have to wait for the chef and servers to cater for other regulars.

Food wise, overall was alright. Cod fish and squid was quite good, but the scallops was a little over-cooked and has a "frozen taste". Their signature fried rice was good too. However, customer service was pretty bad. In general, their servers are showing us sour face. They are neither friendly nor helpful. When we asked for reccomendations, they dont seem to be bothered to reccomend. Instead of serving food gently, they simply "throw" the food in front of you. This is considered quite bad for a japanese restaurant. Furthermore, none of the servers is keeping track on our orders. They found out that they had missed out our soup only when we asked for the bill. Overall, it wasn't a pleasant dinner for us. I don't think we will pay them a second visit.
Cod Fish

Scallop - not too bad, but slightly over-cooked

Signature Fried Rice

Signature Fried Rice

Recommended Dish(es):  Cod Fish,Signature Fried Rice

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Jan 14, 2012

Spending per head: Approximately HK$350(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |
 1  |

1 Vote(s)   View Results
All Day Breakfast OK Mar 19, 2012   Edit
Categories : Western | Western Restaurant

I am not an early person, so missing the usual breakfast timing of the local restaurants or cafes is a norm to me. tongue
Through friend's recommendation, we found out about this place which serves breakfast all day long - perfect place for us!
We went over to check out this place last saturday. It was pretty full when we got there, but lucky us, there was one empty table left and we got seated. We spent a few minutes checking out their menu and finally made our orders. We've ordered one Full English and one Biscuits & Gravy.
Menu Cover Page

Menu Cover Page

Menu

Menu

This place looked a little like those American old diners with blueish-themed deco. The ceiling was pretty low and the tables were crowdedly arranged, which made the place quite noisy especially when there are lots of customers. The two of us were seated between a group of three and six people, our conversations were "interrupted" many times by the shouts and laughs from the two groups. sad

Back to the food.. Fruit juices which came with the breakfast set were served first. Like what were told in other reviews, they came in tiny glasses and could actually finish drinking it in one sip.
Small (tiny) Fruit Juice

Small (tiny) Fruit Juice

The Full English which came with two eggs - we asked for over easy; tomatoes; two sausages; baked beans; a piece of bacon; some sliced mushrooms; and toast which we've got it changed to English muffins. Well, eggs are eggs and hard to get wrong for baked beans as it just needed to be tipped out from can and heated up before it's served. The sausages and bacon were fine, nothing fantastic to be mentioned.
Full English

Full English

As for the Biscuit and Gravy, it came with biscuits with gravy (of course); eggs - asked for scrambled egg; sausage meat; and two sides - asked for baked beans and tomato soup. The scrambled egg and the tomato soup were just alright. But the biscuits were rather flavorless and the gravy was basically tasteless. sad The sausage meat (guess it is chicken) was dry and one of it had broken into pieces and they hide it under another piece. The whole dish was rather boring and tasteless that I actually ate most of it with lots of ketchup. sad
Biscuit & Gravy

Biscuit & Gravy

Overall, this place wasn't a fantastic place for food and their service was neither good. The price was not really cheap even though it is slightly cheaper than Simplylife (but their food and service are good!). We used to go to Simplylife for breakfast and thought we've found a nearer and convenient place for breakfast, but this place was just not as good. Nonetheless, we would still keep our options open and keep this breakfast place in mind. Will probably try out other menu items but definitely not the Biscuits & Gravy.

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Mar 17, 2012

Spending per head: Approximately HK$120(Breakfast)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |

2 Vote(s)   View Results
Disappointing Dinner OK Mar 05, 2012   Edit
Categories : Shanghai | Chinese Restaurant | Noodles/Rice Noodles

Went to IKEA last weekend for some furniture shopping and wanted to have dinner before heading home. While walking around Windsor building, thinking what to have, we found this restaurant having quite a number of people queing for tables. We guessed that this restaurant should be a goos ones, so we decided to give it a try. After waiting for about 10-15 minutes, we finally get seated. We wanted to order "Xiao Long Bao" at first, but we noticed that there is no table ordering this dish. So, decided to give it a pass. Instead, we ordered Dandan Noodles with fried pork ribs, Sauteed Eggplant, and Beancurd Rolls (vegetarian).

The Dandan Noodles was the biggest disappointment we had, the noodles were probably overcooked - a little too soft, and it was not "chewy" at all. The soup was bland too, it did give some peanut scent/aroma but didn't taste any peanut flavor when eating. The fried pork ribs that comes with the noodles was a little "dry", not juicy at all. For the Beancurd Rolls (vegetarian) which has enoki mushroom in them, was so-so, crispy but no surprises. The only dish which we were quite satisfied with was the Sauteed Eggplant. The brown paste used to fried the eggplant and pork slices was tasty but it was a little too oily. By the time we finished the dish, the plate was covered with a layer of oil. sad

Overall, the food wasn't really bad, but I would say Crystal Jade is still our choice for Shanghainess food. smile

Dandan Noodles

Dandan Noodles

Beancurd Rolls

Beancurd Rolls

Sauteed Eggplant

Sauteed Eggplant

Table Wait Time: 10 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Mar 03, 2012

Spending per head: Approximately HK$80(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 2  |

View Results