OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
Sumire
This is Sumire living in Causeway Bay. I am a PR , work in Central. I like to hang out in Central, Causeway Bay, Wan Chai. Vietnamese, Japanese, Italian are my favorite cuisines. I also love Japanese Cafe, Private Kitchen, Western Restaurant and Seafood, Sushi/Sashimi, Hamburger, Pasta.
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review7 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended0 Recommended
Popularity1661 View(s)
Replies in Forum0 Comment(s)
Upload Photos5 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews0 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳0 My Restaurant(s)

Full View Full View   |   Map View Map View
Showing 1 to 5 of 7 Reviews
Great food and great service! Smile Aug 10, 2011
Categories : International | Western Restaurant | Coffee & Tea Shop

I went there with my friend for dinner. We knew nothing about this place but just walked in.
We were so happy to find this gem. The food was pretty good, very basic Italian menu with good execution. I was impressed with their wine list as well – they have really good wines with great value.
I really enjoyed their Carbonara. Very basic sauce and pasta was perfectly al dente. I appreciate the fact that they stick to the original, without any Hong Kong twist. (I love some Italian or Japanese food with HK twists, but sometimes I appreciate basics too)
The owner is a really down to earth HK guy who speaks perfect English, and his employees are all friendly. I cannot wait to go back and try other menu!

Table Wait Time: 5 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Jul 21, 2011

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 5  |
 5  |

3 Vote(s)   View Results
Great Tonkotsu Ramen Smile Jun 25, 2011
Categories : Japanese | Ramen

Growing up in Yokohama, I was never crazy about Tonkotsu Ramen, so I was skeptical about this place being so popular.
I passed by yesterday and the line was not too long since it was 4pm, so I decided to try their Ramen for the first time.
I tried their original Butao flavor yesterday and I was pretty impressed with the balance of soup and noodles. For my taste, the soup was not hot enough (Japanese people like hot soup really burning hot) but I guess it was done intentionally.
When Tonkotsu soup is not hot enough, they often have some fat floating on the top of the soup, but it wasn’t in this case. The price is bit expensive for a bowl of Ramen compare to ones in Japan, but I was very happy over all. I will go back to try other flavors soon.

Date of Visit: Jun 24, 2011

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |

1 Vote(s)   View Results
Good but over rated Smile Jul 09, 2011
Categories : Japanese | Sushi/Sashimi | Business Dining

I read so much about this restaurant. it was pretty good but over rated i think.

The fish is pretty fresh and they have so many diffirent kinds of rare fish, but i found that the way fish was sliced wasn't the best. I did not find their sushi is very delicate. But I liked their rice.

The problem i had was the service. It is not a cheap place abut i found that the service did not match the price.
I ordered drinks as soon as i sat down and ordered few appetizers later. the appetizer came before my drink.
As Japanese, that really bothered me.

The lunch time is not too crowded and service is better.
Their lunch set is good deal. I would go back during lunch again.

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Jul 01, 2011

Spending per head: Approximately HK$600

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 2  |

View Results
Great Dan Dan Noodle Smile Jun 30, 2011
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Sichuan | Chinese Restaurant | Noodles/Rice Noodles | Wonton/Dumpling

I had a late dinner on Saturday evening around 10pm. There were still people waiting outside.
I was impressed with their Dan Dan Noodles and pretty much all the dishes we ordered. (Chicken dish, cucumber, black fungus, tofu, eggplant) This Dan Dan Noodles have no soup and VERY spicy - you can ask them to make it less spicy, but still spicy. There are not many items on the menu which is not spicy, but their Chicken noodle soup was not spicy and really good for children.
The service is really fast and price is fair to reasonable side.
I would definitely go back again.

Table Wait Time: 15 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Jun 11, 2011

Spending per head: Approximately HK$150(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 2  |

View Results
Good Just OK Jun 20, 2011
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Japanese | Sushi/Sashimi | Skewer | Business Dining | Special Occasion Dining

I had a dinner at The Mon with my friend from Japan.
We were both happy with the service even though they got some bad reviews on their service.
The food is good and price is fair.
I enjoyed their famous egg very much.
I was not so crazy about their sashimi dishes.
Over all, I think it is a good place for dinner.

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Jun 09, 2011

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |

2 Vote(s)   View Results