OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
angelboi2001
This is angelboi2001 living in Sheung Wan. I work in Central.
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review2 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended0 Recommended
Popularity592 View(s)
Replies in Forum0 Comment(s)
Upload Photos0 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews0 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳0 My Restaurant(s)

Full View Full View   |   Map View Map View
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 Reviews in Hong Kong & Nearby Region
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Thai | Coffee & Tea Shop | Meatless Menu

My friend and I decided to check this place out on a Sunday afternoon since we both been to and love their original branch in Bangkok. When we got there, we saw a bunch of people outside waiting. So I asked the hostess who was shuffling a bunch of reservation paper for a table for 2. Instead of writing my name down, she just said, there is the queue. I guess you can make reservation on the phone but not in person. It was extremely confusing. After a short wait in the line, we were seated. We received one menu. I had to hail down a server for another one. We quickly glanced through the menu and order bunch of interesting stuff. I got the Pizza with Thai Ice Tea, my friend got some kind of noodle soup, Ice lime tea and chicken wings. My pizza came within 3-4 minutes, then his noodle and the chicken wings. My pizza was not bad. My friend didn't like the noodle soup simply because the prawn and noodle was lukewarm (where it should be hot). We both agree that the chicken wing was delicious. So another 5 minutes passed by, our drinks were still not here. I hailed down a server and asked where it was...it was coming she says. At this point, we are trying to eat as slow as possible. Another 5 minutes passed by, we were 3/4 done with our food, still no drink. So my friend ask for the server who said your lattes are coming, wait. We said to her that we didn't get lattes and then pointed to the picture menu of the pictures of drinks we ordered. Another 5 minutes passed by, my drink came. But my friend got the wrong drink. Without saying, we were a little frustrated. So I finally asked for the manager (who looks Thai) and I asked to make sure we get my friend's Ice lime tea correctly. Within 2 minutes, he got his drink. By then, we decided this will be our last time here. The service was horrid and none of the servers looked like they hated their job.
Overall, poor value for the food you get. The price is probably about 3X as you would pay in Bangkok. If I can rate from 1-10, where 10 is best for service, I would give it a 1. I probably wouldn't come here again. Advise, save yourself a trip and wait for the real experience in Bangkok.

Table Wait Time: 15 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Oct 23, 2011

Spending per head: Approximately HK$200(Tea)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |
Environment

1 Vote(s)   View Results
Recommend
service is horrific Cry May 15, 2011
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Italian | Mediterranean | Western Restaurant | Outdoor | Drivers Friendly Dining | Group Dining

I went there with my friend for a relaxing afternoon tea after shopping in time square. the place was almost empty but had about 10-15 wait staffs. we were quickly seated next to another couple (while the entire place was empty). i asked if we could be seated elsewhere but were denied. after taking our order (1 diet coke, pudding bread, ice milk tea and lasagna), they took the order of the couple next to us.

10 minutes passed by and i asked where my diet coke was. the female wait staff told me they were still preparing it. i kindly pointed at the diet coke that's sitting at the bar waiting for her to be picked up, she was not happy and said...HOLD ON. this is when i should have known i picked the wrong place. another 10 minutes later, all the food that the next table had arrived....we were still patiently waiting on ours. i asked the female wait staff again and she said...it's COMING without even checking. another 10 minutes passed by...i asked her again, she yelled at me and said WAIT. i think we waited about 30-40 minutes for everything to arrive. the table next to us had already paid and left by then.

needless to say, i will never come back. the food was at best average. don't waste your time and go somewhere else.

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Date of Visit: May 10, 2011

Spending per head: Approximately HK$150(Tea)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 1  |
Environment