OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
americangirlinhk
This is americangirlinhk living in Mid-Levels. I like to hang out in Central. Mongolia, Korean, Mexican are my favorite cuisines. I also love Tea Restaurant, Dim Sum Restaurant, Sushi Bar and BBQ, Hot Pot, Seafood.
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review2 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended0 Recommended
Popularity895 View(s)
Replies in Forum0 Comment(s)
Upload Photos0 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews0 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳1 My Restaurant(s)

Showing 1 to 2 of 2 Reviews in Hong Kong & Nearby Region
Delicious!  Smile Oct 03, 2010
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : Nepalese

Annapurna in Sanskirt literally means "Full of Food"... and when we left our evening of dining and shisha at this amazing place in Soho, this is exactly what we were...full of GREAT food!!

I'd like to tell you all that this is a horrible place and to stay away so that it won't be ruined by the likes of all the expats in midlevels hogging every table, but I can't... this place is a real gem. Tucked away at the end of Staunton St (close to Aberdeen rd.) this Nepalese restaurant is my new favorite place. The food, the service, the drink and the shisha are all amazing!

Upon our arrival we were greeted by the owner. I told her that this was our first time here and asked what she would recommend. She pointed out a fried potato dish as an appetizer, and for the mains-the green chicken and lamb curry were among the local favorites. So we tried them all. My husband sipped on the mint tea and I on the homemade sangria. When we received our first dish, I fell in love. The potatoes were cooked to perfection. The light curry flavoring was just enough to tickle the tastebuds. Once our main course arrived I knew that I'd be returning to try just about everything on the menu. Both dishes were amazingly good. The mint tea is fresh, she uses fresh mint. And the sangria with all fresh fruits.
We ended our meal with the traditional shisha pipe, apple flavor. It was the perfect ending to the perfect dining experience.

The other great aspect, the price. It's not the typical overpriced fare you usually experience in midlevels. The pricing was actually on par to the quality of food you get. And you can't beat the service. From the moment you walk in to the time you leave you are treated like a queen (or king!)!

I give this place an "A". I don't normally hand out "A's" but Annapurna is just too special to not talk about.

I hope to see you there! Bon appetite!

Date of Visit: Oct 03, 2010

Spending per head: Approximately HK$250(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 5  |
Environment

Recommend
Overpriced Health Food Cry Oct 02, 2010
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : International | Coffee & Tea Shop | Bar | Vegetarian

Most places I have found off of the Escalator are overpriced...but Life takes the cake. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing (Gado Gado salad), it was terrible. The menu gives a poor depiction of what this salad is actually going to look like:

Gado Gado-- steamed baby potato, baby spinach, marinated tofu, cucumber, red pepper, long beans, organic hard boiled egg and spicy Thai cashew sauce

What I ended up with was a huge PILE of long cut cucumbers, red pepper and long beans. Very little (and I mean maybe 3-4 leaves!) spinach. It was so difficult to eat because they cut the strands so long that you could barely pick them up with your fork and they certainly didn't fit into my mouth.

I also ordered the fresh apple, mint and something juice...terrible. It was the worst tasting juice I've ever had in my life.

My husband got the chickpea sandwich with their homemade fries, his meal did look semi-decent and a whole lot better than mine. I am from California, a State that prides itself on healthfood, so I know I am being very harsh...but the truth is...I've had better. Much better!

The bottom line, I will not return. The price was completley outrageous for the tasteless dishes. I cook organic meals just about every night and I'd much rather spend another night cooking then eat here again.

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Date of Visit: Sep 25, 2010

Other Ratings:
Taste
 1  |
Environment