OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
kaykaysc
This is kaykaysc . Hong Kong Style, Italian, French are my favorite cuisines. .
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review85 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended0 Recommended
Popularity3813 View(s)
Replies in Forum2 Comment(s)
Upload Photos0 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews1 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳93 My Restaurant(s)
Display: AllHong Kong Macau Shenzhen

Full View Full View   |   Map View Map View
Showing 1 to 5 of 85 Reviews in Hong Kong & Nearby Region
Categories : Hong Kong Style | Hot Pot | Dim Sum

Came here for dim sum since some of the dim sum reviews were good. The ground floor had no staff to show us up so we walked upstairs, but there's no one there to greet us, and the other waiters didn't seem to care....

The decor is black (I guess since it's a hot pot restaurant after all). The tableware/cutleries were also all black. So the ambiance didn't fit quite well with yum cha.

The food here is actually not bad. But one main problem here is the SPEED. Unless you like your dim sum to arrive a dish at a time, at a 15-minute interval, I suggest you go somewhere else. huffy We couldn't believe how long we had to wait, so did other tables. Everyone were just sitting here waiting and waiting..... and one dish would arrive. They really need to hire more kitchen staff and servers!! mad

There's a much better, brighter, faster, a lot more choices, cheaper, dim sum place just next to the Tin Hau MTR and if I'm in the neighborhood for yum cha, I will definitely be going to that one instead.

Spending per head: Approximately HK$70

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 1  |

Categories : Hong Kong Style | Noodles/Rice Noodles | Dessert | Congee

I have previously written a review for this place, which was then quite positive. And since we liked that place awhile back, we have actually been back a few times. Unfortunately the manager and the waitresses' attitude got worse and worse at every visit, that we decided this visit would be the LAST.

其實味道唔錯,但係經理同伙記態度真係好過份,決定以後唔會幫襯。 huffy

每次 幫襯 (at least 6 to 7 times) 經理一定會不停 hard sell. Not just briefly, but stand next to you recommending many dishes even though we obviously aren't interested, won't shut up. 好麻煩。

今日仲過分。We sat down and asked to have one more "table setting" as there were 3 of us and there were only 2 set out. So I said excuse me one more table setting please. Waitress's reaction: 知架啦!!知啦知啦!!! (huffy ?)

OK, so 我地叫完野食之後,經理過來話 “叫咁小野食?!” shocked Excuse me?!?! We were quite shocked with his rudeness.. anyway moving on to the food...

chopstickChicken and spinach dumplings - $48 for 5. Small sized dumplings, not really worth the price.

chopstickCongee with fish slices - $38 It was decent. Congee was quite smooth and fish was OK.

chopstick Steamed rice with chicken pieces - $43 Quite a good deal since the portion is rather big and the chicken was tender. It also comes with a very small plate of vegetables.

During the meal, I wanted a piece of tissue. Guess what? Even 大牌擋,大家樂, etc. would have tissues, but this restaurant does not provide any. Even if you wanna pay and BUY tissue, they don't have any. 經理話 "今日紙巾無入貨" ?!?!?!?!mad

As we were leaving, we accidentally left a jacket in our booth. The waitress ran out and called out to us with our jacket in hand. Guess what she said? Instead of saying "係咪你地留左件褸?" like a normal decent human being with proper manners would do, she said "件褸係咪唔要呀?!?!" with 黑面。huffy

The food here is actually not bad. We have also tried other starters, noodles, congees, etc. It's really a shame that the attitude of the staff is so terrible. These terrible mannerisms are the things that push their patrons away. There are plenty of nice little congee/noodle places in HK and to be competitive it's really about the combination of the quality of food and service. I very much would rather spend a bit more on a mom and pop shop that is sincere in their service that appreciate your business.

通常食完一間餐廳唔係咁鍾意, 都唔會花時間去寫差食評, 或者見到令外 d 食家 d 好差o既食評, 以前唔明白點解人地會咁憤怒, 以家終於明。咁o既態度做生意,令我以後唔會幫襯, 同會叫所有街坊都無好幫襯。

Spending per head: Approximately HK$60(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |
 1  |

1 Vote(s)   View Results
Not bad for the neighborhood OK Jun 19, 2011   Edit
Categories : Hong Kong Style | Noodles/Rice Noodles | Dessert | Congee

Given this restaurant is oddly situated in a not so convenient location, their food quality/price is acceptable.
Typical congee/noodle type place. Surrounding quite clean, could be slightly crowded at times but OK.

Manager's pretty polite but some staff could squeeze out a smile or two.

Other than the typical congee / noodle dishes there are also some appetizers and snacks they are quite flavorful. Like marinated wood ear or deep fried beef brisket. Price point are set average with wonton soup noodle just $32 which is fair.

Some might complain about the small portion but I find it just right. I rather have it smaller and less expensive.
Their congee is on the slightly thick side but smooth enough. Their rice noodle was slightly undercooked so I had to leave it in the hot soup for awhile before it became just aldente.
Their dumplings fillings are relatively fresh. A sui gau soup noodle would have 3 pieces of decent sized dumplings.

Be warned this resto only takes CASH.

Spending per head: Approximately HK$45(Lunch)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |

Decent Smile Jun 01, 2011   Edit
Categories : Japanese | Sushi Bar | Sushi/Sashimi

Quite fresh compared with what I expect from "cheap" Genki.. some of the sushi on the belt don't look too fresh. But taste is ok and price is acceptable. Service is quite good and the place's rather clean an hygienic. Quite packed for lunch. Wish there were a bit more choices on the menu!

Spending per head: Approximately HK$80(Lunch)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |

I like! Smile Jun 01, 2011   Edit