OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
kaykaysc
This is kaykaysc . Hong Kong Style, Italian, French are my favorite cuisines. .
Member 0 First(s)
No. of Review85 Review(s)
編輯推介數目0 Editor's Choice
Recommended0 Recommended
Popularity3812 View(s)
Replies in Forum2 Comment(s)
Upload Photos0 Photo(s)
Upload Videos0 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews1 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳93 My Restaurant(s)
Display: AllHong Kong Macau Shenzhen

Full View Full View   |   Map View Map View
Showing 1 to 5 of 85 Reviews in Hong Kong & Nearby Region
Categories : Hong Kong Style | Hot Pot | Dim Sum

Came here for dim sum since some of the dim sum reviews were good. The ground floor had no staff to show us up so we walked upstairs, but there's no one there to greet us, and the other waiters didn't seem to care....

The decor is black (I guess since it's a hot pot restaurant after all). The tableware/cutleries were also all black. So the ambiance didn't fit quite well with yum cha.

The food here is actually not bad. But one main problem here is the SPEED. Unless you like your dim sum to arrive a dish at a time, at a 15-minute interval, I suggest you go somewhere else. huffy We couldn't believe how long we had to wait, so did other tables. Everyone were just sitting here waiting and waiting..... and one dish would arrive. They really need to hire more kitchen staff and servers!! mad

There's a much better, brighter, faster, a lot more choices, cheaper, dim sum place just next to the Tin Hau MTR and if I'm in the neighborhood for yum cha, I will definitely be going to that one instead.

Spending per head: Approximately HK$70

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |

Categories : Hong Kong Style | Noodles/Rice Noodles | Dessert | Congee

I have previously written a review for this place, which was then quite positive. And since we liked that place awhile back, we have actually been back a few times. Unfortunately the manager and the waitresses' attitude got worse and worse at every visit, that we decided this visit would be the LAST.

其實味道唔錯,但係經理同伙記態度真係好過份,決定以後唔會幫襯。 huffy

每次 幫襯 (at least 6 to 7 times) 經理一定會不停 hard sell. Not just briefly, but stand next to you recommending many dishes even though we obviously aren't interested, won't shut up. 好麻煩。

今日仲過分。We sat down and asked to have one more "table setting" as there were 3 of us and there were only 2 set out. So I said excuse me one more table setting please. Waitress's reaction: 知架啦!!知啦知啦!!! (huffy ?)

OK, so 我地叫完野食之後,經理過來話 “叫咁小野食?!” shocked Excuse me?!?! We were quite shocked with his rudeness.. anyway moving on to the food...

chopstickChicken and spinach dumplings - $48 for 5. Small sized dumplings, not really worth the price.

chopstickCongee with fish slices - $38 It was decent. Congee was quite smooth and fish was OK.

chopstick Steamed rice with chicken pieces - $43 Quite a good deal since the portion is rather big and the chicken was tender. It also comes with a very small plate of vegetables.

During the meal, I wanted a piece of tissue. Guess what? Even 大牌擋,大家樂, etc. would have tissues, but this restaurant does not provide any. Even if you wanna pay and BUY tissue, they don't have any. 經理話 "今日紙巾無入貨" ?!?!?!?!mad

As we were leaving, we accidentally left a jacket in our booth. The waitress ran out and called out to us with our jacket in hand. Guess what she said? Instead of saying "係咪你地留左件褸?" like a normal decent human being with proper manners would do, she said "件褸係咪唔要呀?!?!" with 黑面。huffy

The food here is actually not bad. We have also tried other starters, noodles, congees, etc. It's really a shame that the attitude of the staff is so terrible. These terrible mannerisms are the things that push their patrons away. There are plenty of nice little congee/noodle places in HK and to be competitive it's really about the combination of the quality of food and service. I very much would rather spend a bit more on a mom and pop shop that is sincere in their service that appreciate your business.

通常食完一間餐廳唔係咁鍾意, 都唔會花時間去寫差食評, 或者見到令外 d 食家 d 好差o既食評, 以前唔明白點解人地會咁憤怒, 以家終於明。咁o既態度做生意,令我以後唔會幫襯, 同會叫所有街坊都無好幫襯。

Spending per head: Approximately HK$60(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |

1 Vote(s)   View Results
Categories : Japanese | Buffet

Surprisingly empty during lunch time.. well no wonder since it's quite terrible really..

Lunch sets around $40 to $60. Some rice dishes and 2 noodle dishes and I think one sashimi rice dish.

Lunch sets are served with this oily seaweed salad and a miso soup that was below average.

The ramen (can switch to udon) was pathetic.. the soup base was milky looking but lacked flavor, the soup bowl looks dirty mad well actually all their eating utensils looked dirty and sticky.... the scallops were pathetically small and there were just some corn and that's it!

The noodle set was supposed to come with 2 pieces of california roll.. they didn't serve them but I didn't even bother asking for them since I figured they'd be horrible too..

The only positive thing about this place is it's quite spacious so it's comparatively comfortable.. well it's spacious coz hardly anyone comes here!!

Spending per head: Approximately HK$45(Lunch)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 2  |

1 Vote(s)   View Results
Share on TwitterShare on Facebook
Categories : International | Western Restaurant | Seafood | Special Occasion Dining | Private Party

So I read about this restaurant prior to going to the movies, and since most restaurants in Cityplaza were full, I thought I'd give this place a try. Just when we were approaching the restaurant, we had a bad feeling seeing all those empty seats and the lack of a feel of a restaurant as a whole. Oh well we were in a hurry to watch a movie next door.

They have this all day breakfast menu, 3, 4, 5 6 item combo for different prices. There's also a lunch menu, and a menu for several dishes. We ordered the Caesar Salad with smoked salmon, Fusilli with shrimps in lobster soup, and this shrimp pizza.

We were at a lost for words to describe this restaurant.. nothing tastes BAD per se, but each dish was just not executed well. To put it more delicately, basically the food here seems like they are cooked by someone who just found random ingredients in the kitchen, and then threw everything together and gave it a name.shocked

The caesar salad was average. The dressing on the salty side. Nothing worth a note.

The fusilli dish was... weird. mad It was plainly boiled fusilli (I don't think they even added salt to the water), cooked together with a few pieces of frozen shrimp, and threw them together with some lobster soup. The ingredients weren't mixed together well. Just tastes like a bad executive HK style / Jap influenced pasta dish. Yuk. sad

The pizza was random, sort of like the "chef"'s experiment of the day. Again, frozen small shrimps with some cut up pieces of veg on a thin crispy crust. The crust however tastes like a typical HK pastry dough. Again, sort of made us speechless =.=

Our conclusion was that this restaurant as a whole just lacks "soul". There's absolutely no personality to this place and everything just falls apart. Even though we had several dishes, we still felt like we didn't eat anything after the meal coz of the total lack of soul of the food. We had to go buy snacks right before the movie starts as we were really unsatisfied.....huffy

One positive note however would be that the staff were quite attentive and polite. I guess they had a lot of time for us since there were hardly anyone there!!

All in all I think they are wasting this space. It's right next to the cinema and there's a lot of potential to this spot. They should really upgrade the food and give some personality to this place.

Recommended Dish(es):  none

Spending per head: Approximately HK$70(Lunch)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 2  |

Soo not thai.. Cry Mar 01, 2011
Categories : Thai

So basically the general feeling is that all the restaurants on this floor of JP cinema are not that up to par.. in any case we wanted to grab a quick lunch and the menu stand was full of delicious looking pictures so we decided to give this a try.

Ordered a shredded chicken noodles in broth, stir fried noodles, fried shrimp pancakes, satay pork and chicken, and a thai pomelo salad.

I guess the best dish out of all was the side order of satay. The meat was quite tender and the sauce, albeit oily, was quite flavorful. The chicken noodles in broth was a complete FAILURE. mad It was barely some shredded chicken slices, with broth that's completely tasteless, with a LAYER of golden oil floating atop. The broth contained a little bit of bean sprouts and some 梅菜 looking marinated vegetables (so not thai, they are the ones you see in HK style fish ball noodles..) The stir fried noodles dish had absolutely no 鑊氣 and super oily..

Service was not bad, but that doesn't make up for the poor food/environment at all. sad

Spending per head: Approximately HK$60

Other Ratings:
Taste
 1  |