1) So stuffy, the small restuarant is so poorly ventilated that all you breath in is stale air from the frying (you will still be a walking cooking range hood when you leave the resto)
2) 2 green menus for 2 people, turns out only ONE side is the same.....the other side is different?!!??
3) 2 other menus in case you are not confused enough.....
4) They don't care to tell you what they don't have until after you order, and they actually don't have basic things like spaghetti
5) Chalkboard menu placed strategically, all in corners where you won't be able to see them
6) Huge plates on small tables, love the huge portions, but no place for utensils or drinks, be ready for spills
7) Tables of 2 setup in groups of 3, unfortunately we were at the outside end so we kept having food and arms swinging in front of our faces
8) Dessert Chalkboard menu is written with "permanent" chalk, out of the 6 items they only make 2 (pls refer to item 4)
9) They can't wait for you leave, when they pass you your coffee, they also hand you the bill, there's no service charge for a reason
Food was good
Soup-Pumpkin and Ginger soup, they make sure you know it's healthy as they leave lots of bite size ginger pieces and roots
Bolognaise Penne-delicious, wheaty pasty and sauce was tasty
Beef stew with mushroom and rice-Beef was super tender, mushroom perfectly cooked, rice also good texture
All this healthy organic feel-good food was completely offset by the stale and oily cooking smell fuming all around you and very cramped environment.
Was a real struggle for me to give the OK if not for the taste of the food....
Recommended Dish(es): Bolognaise Pasta,Beef Stew Rice
Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)
Date of Visit: Feb 09, 2011
Spending per head: Approximately HKD100(Lunch)
Value for Money3
Keep it up!