OpenRice 主頁      English OpenRice      TableMap      開飯遊踨
   中文 | English
梵高將軍
This is 梵高將軍 . I am a Armchair General , work in Admiralty. I like to hang out in Causeway Bay, Tai Kok Tsui, Tsim Sha Tsui. Korean, Singaporean & Malaysian, Japanese, Pub Food are my favorite cuisines. I also love Bar, Snack Shop & Deli, Dai Pai Dong, 居酒屋 and Robatayaki, Skewer, Hot Pot.
Member 15 First(s)
No. of Review265 Review(s)
編輯推介數目130 Editor's Choice
Recommended594 Recommended
Popularity35747 View(s)
Replies in Forum92 Comment(s)
Upload Photos1819 Photo(s)
Upload Videos77 Video(s)
My Recommended Reviews353 Recommended Review(s)
我的餐廳478 My Restaurant(s)

服務好, 價錢合理。
值得推介。

Authentic Japanese Izakaya;
Extensive drinks list;
Good sanma and cooked food;
Good service;
Worth a try.

chopstick

I've been to Hoka Hoka (TST East) a number of times. It's a very old school Japanese drinking den which I like. However, I think the food here is better than the original shop.
HokaHoka開業多年。新店環境比舊店寬敞舒適。亦有VIP房。

HokaHoka開業多年。新店環境比舊店寬敞舒適。亦有VIP房。

When we went, there was barely anyone. I found the place rather comfortable. More spacious than the original HokaHoka. Other than the widely spaced apart tables, there seemed to be a number of VIP tatami rooms as well.
以酒肴和熟食為主, 當然亦有刺身,壽司和天婦羅。圖為廚師推介。

以酒肴和熟食為主, 當然亦有刺身,壽司和天婦羅。圖為廚師推介。

Menu:

Other than sushi, sashimi and tempura, they also have a large number of very interesting cooked dishes, including many deep fried items and strong flavoured dishes (otzumami - dishes to go with alcohol). The menu was in Chinese, Japanese and English.

First things first, I ordred a draught beer. The waiter told me it was Sapporo but it tasted like Suntory Premium Malts.

These were what we've ordered:

Mini Kurobuta don:
豬味濃郁, 質地鬆化。日本米質素很好。份量亦不算特別迷你。

豬味濃郁, 質地鬆化。日本米質素很好。份量亦不算特別迷你。

It's perhaps 60% of a normal don. This was surprisingly good. The thin pork slices were nicely marinated and had a very fresh meaty flavour. The pork slices, shredded onions and spring onions went well with the good quality Japanese rice.  lol

Tofu salad:
有昆布, 藩茄和豆腐。豆腐黃豆味算突出。OK。

有昆布, 藩茄和豆腐。豆腐黃豆味算突出。OK。

Konbu, tomato, lettuce served with tofu. The tofu had a grainy texture and beany taste. Not bad.

chopstick

Another thing about HokaHoka is their extensive drink list. Most of those were sold by the bottle, which ranged from $300 to $900 per bottle.
Hokahoka的特式是有大量酒水供應。有多種燒酌。清酒,威士忌,梅酒,生啤等 一應俱全。但好像沒有紅酒。

Hokahoka的特式是有大量酒水供應。有多種燒酌。清酒,威士忌,梅酒,生啤等 一應俱全。但好像沒有紅酒。

Ordered a glass of Enma, one of my favorites.
我愛喝燒酌其中一種。

我愛喝燒酌其中一種。

chopstick

Liver stir fried with Chinese chives:
韭菜有點老。豬肝則有點乾。有改善空間。

韭菜有點老。豬肝則有點乾。有改善空間。

This was slightly over cooked. The chives were a bit "old". Perhaps the chives weren't in season.

chopstick

Butabara: It had a very good meat flavour. Perhaps it would be even better if it was grilled just a little bit longer to render the surface a bit crispier.
燒豬腩肉: 如燒得香一點更好,但肉味十分濃郁。雞肉串:汁燒。沒有跟蛋但肉味不錯。當然還是尖東Nishiki最好。

燒豬腩肉: 如燒得香一點更好,但肉味十分濃郁。雞肉串:汁燒。沒有跟蛋但肉味不錯。當然還是尖東Nishiki最好。

Tsukune: Minced chicken with some tare (thick sweet soy sauce). This wasn't served with an raw egg. The chicken meat was rather tender. Having said that, I still prefer those at Nishiki.

Shirako tempura:
炸槳鬆化不油。白子亦很新鮮。份量比其他地方大很多。

炸槳鬆化不油。白子亦很新鮮。份量比其他地方大很多。

The first time I had shirako was at Okura (TST). Since then, I always order it whenever its available. It's only available when it's cold. This was very good. The batter was crunchy yet not oily at all. The shirako was very fresh. Mind you, it's an acquired taste. Some may find the texture a bit funny - it's like tofu mixed with...

brains. tongue  It's apparently very good for health - men's health.

chopstick

The highlight of the dinner was definitely the sanma sashimi:
全晚亮點。刀功好。這條秋刀魚肉質結實,鮮味濃郁。

全晚亮點。刀功好。這條秋刀魚肉質結實,鮮味濃郁。

This was very good sanma. The texture was firm and the taste was fresh. We tried sanma at En and Okura. Those were good but this was even slightly better. About HK$238. My wife and I were both very happy with this. Recommended.

To conclude:

The service was good and the whole place was comfortable.

Most of the cooked food were delicious too.

The bill came down to HK$750 for two.

They also have sets for 2-4 persons. Apparently you'll get 30% off if you book beforehand.

有套餐。預早訂定差不多便宜三成。  服務員都很有禮貌和效率。 食物不錯, 環境舒適。會再試。

有套餐。預早訂定差不多便宜三成。 服務員都很有禮貌和效率。 食物不錯, 環境舒適。會再試。

This is a a place I'd definitely return to.

Recommended.

lol

飲燒酌不同的方法。

Recommended Dish(es):  迷你黑豚肉丼,閻魔,燒豬腩肉和雞肉串,白子天婦羅,秋刀魚刺身

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Spending per head: Approximately HK$350(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 4  |

Categories : British | Western Restaurant

型格魚吧。
服務好,酒吧區環境優雅。
Fish & Chip 有點油膩。
價值不

Elegant setting for fish & chips.
Pretty oily & pricey.
Good service.
Lovely bar.

Alfie's:

I heard this place was one of the best fish & chips in Hong Kong so I brought my colleague here for lunch.

It took us a while to locate the entrance. The main entrance was through the Dunhill shop at Prince's building.

The whole place was dimly lit and very stylish, it reminded me somewhat of Aqua Roma.
機本上是全黑裝修加黑色皮凳。抬與抬之間空間不多。酒吧部份有點似「千日里」。服務員大多勤快有禮。餐牌好像以魚類為主。還有小量的烤肉,Yorkshire Pudding等。

Interestingly, I noticed a lot of French speakers having lunch here.  shocked

Menu:

The menu had various types of pan fried fishes, bangers and mash , mussels and a number of roasts and grilled meat.

My colleague and I ordered fish and chips. You could choose "Small" (1 piece of fish) for HK$170 and "Big" for HK$280 (2 pieces.) Both of us choose big.

You could add some sides, such as bubble and squeak, Yorkshire pudding and some salad - each at about $55 per item.

We also ordered a bottle of still water since there appears to be no tap water.

Fish & Chips:

After not too long a wait, the fish & chips came:
大的有兩件, 小的有一件。炸槳很油。不知為何落了砂糖和胡椒有點奇怪。魚有魚味但實一點會更好。薯條則外脆內軟。$3XX不抵食。都是The Chippy 或 Jimmy's Kitchen 好。

When I first had a taste, the batter was rather fluffy. I felt that the batter had more oil than batter or beer. It wasn't a serious problem for the first few bites. The haddock had a lot of fish oil and was rather soft.

Some herbs and (rather oddly) some sugar and salt were sprinkled above the batter. shocked

As the batter cooled down, the whole dish felt really oily. My friend couldn't finish his.
The chips were pretty good though. Those were crunchy on the outside and soft inside. smile

To conclude:

Perhaps the fish & chips here was just slightly better than Harrington's. The "Fish Bar" was better than this. Of course, nothing beats "The Chippy" so far. Those served at "Jimmy's Kitchen" are made of garoupa, also good.

HK$711 for two including service. Pricey.

Wouldn't mind having a drink at the bar though, which was nicely partitioned off.

At the end of the day, as Alfie would say,

"What's it all about?

You know what I mean?"

Supplementary Information:
Jude Law version:

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Spending per head: Approximately HK$355(Lunch)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 2  |

Categories : Japanese | Fine Dining

正宗沖繩食品;
有嶄新的沖繩雞菜式;
比CWB分店大一點, 亦有戶外位;
如在LFK可以一試。

Okinawa Cuisine with LKF twist;
Good place for drinks/snacks or dinner;
Friendly service;
Al fresco dining available;
Worth a try.

chopstick

I’ve always been a big fan of Rakuen at Causeway Bay and En at TST. So I was very happy to join this tasting event.

Décor:

The central branch was almost double the size of the CWB branch. The CWB branch had a rustic, cozy feel to it but the central branch felt slightly more modern. (Instead of Okinawan music, we hear New Direction.)

Importantly, there was an al fresco bar area - excellent news for smokers. Menu: As you might already know, Rakuen, En and Bridge all do Okinawan food, such as many bitter gourd based cuisines, Taco rice, Okinawa soba…etc.

chopstick

Our main purpose during this tasting was to try out their new “Okinawa Chicken” menu, which included tsukune, fried drum sticks, chicken wings, gizzards and chicken salad.

chopstick

Chicken drumsticks with powdered Okinawan salt: ($88): This was very good. Succulent, tender & flavourful. I believe the Okinawan salt was the key to enhancing the taste of this whole dish. Recommended.
香口之餘有肉汁。沖繩鹽能帶出雞肉鮮味。

香口之餘有肉汁。沖繩鹽能帶出雞肉鮮味。

chopstick

Okinawa chicken salad: Gastronomerr really liked it. We weren't able to find the chicken in the salad at first. We later discovered that the minced chicken meat was mixed with mayo and perhaps a bit of egg white. This went very well with the fresh veggies.
雞肉如蛋白醬混在一起有特色。

雞肉如蛋白醬混在一起有特色。

chopstick

Fried Chicken chunks with tofu tartar sauce: Essentially a Chicken Karaage with a sweet and sour sauce. The chicken chunks were placed on a bed of “tofu tar tar sauce”. It was my first time trying this tofu tar tar sauce, it felt like mashed tofu mixed with a bit of cream cheese. Very interesting. Worth a try.
雞肉同樣嫩滑。外層的甜酸醬很開胃。底層的豆腐他他醬有點點軟芝士味。整體配合不錯。

雞肉同樣嫩滑。外層的甜酸醬很開胃。底層的豆腐他他醬有點點軟芝士味。整體配合不錯。

chopstick

Chicken wings ($85): This smelled very good when it first arrived on our table. We had this after a while so it wasn’t as aromatic as I thought it would be. The wings were tender but could have more impact. The taste was on the light side.
剛炸出來的時侯很香。味道其實較清淡。

剛炸出來的時侯很香。味道其實較清淡。

chopstick

Okinawa Jewel leaf (or Ice leaf): A very distinctive Okinawan dish. It’s almost like eating a very fresh piece of leave with morning dew on it. Very refreshing.

Sea Grapes (Umi Budou): In fact a type of coral picked straight from the sea. Our host David actually cultivates his own coral for eating. Amazing! Remember to dip it in the vinegar/ponzu mixture otherwise the seawater taste might be quite overwhelming for some.
兩樣都是沖繩名物。冰葉爽脆清新。海葡萄較重海水味, 提議點橙醋來吃。

兩樣都是沖繩名物。冰葉爽脆清新。海葡萄較重海水味, 提議點橙醋來吃。

chopstick

Pork knuckle: Two small pieces. It was gone in a flash (before I had the chance to try it). Looks good.
兩小塊。質地鬆化。(沒有吃)

兩小塊。質地鬆化。(沒有吃)

chopstick

Peanuts tofu: Another famous Okinawan dish. It’s chewier than normal Japanese tofu with a slight peanutsaftertaste. Definitely worth a try.
另一沖繩名物。比一般豆腐彈牙。質感很有趣。花生味濃郁。值得一試。

另一沖繩名物。比一般豆腐彈牙。質感很有趣。花生味濃郁。值得一試。

chopstick

Goya Champuru: Okinawan bitter gourd is famous. It’s less bitter than the Chinese version. It’s fried with Okinawa firm tofu and pork slices. Remember to add a bit of shoyu when you eat it.
苦瓜亦是沖繩特產之一。比中國產的甘一點。連沖繩豆腐和沖繩Agu豬同炒不錯。吃時提議加點醬油或辣椒油會更香。

苦瓜亦是沖繩特產之一。比中國產的甘一點。連沖繩豆腐和沖繩Agu豬同炒不錯。吃時提議加點醬油或辣椒油會更香。

chopstick

Sashimi: (Medium Platter - $450) It consisted of Salmon, Hamachi, Tai, Maguro, fresh scallops, some Salmon roes served with grated wasabi. No complaints about the freshness. I thought the scallops were pretty good but I didn’t touch the tuna.
整體鮮度中上。尤其帶子及海膽不錯。

整體鮮度中上。尤其帶子及海膽不錯。

Hamachi with salmon roes: Both were decent. However, I have to say the chemistry between these two wasn’t that obvious.
兩樣鮮度不錯但沒有什麼火花。

兩樣鮮度不錯但沒有什麼火花。

chopstick

Fried rice with squid ink: The rice dishes at Rakuen and En are usually good. I usually have the konbu fried rice. This was pretty good too.
Rakuen 和 En 的飯類一向不錯。這亦不例外。

Rakuen 和 En 的飯類一向不錯。這亦不例外。

chopstick

Lotus Root Chips: Lotus Roots thinly sliced and then fried. Excellent with beer.
香脆鬆化。送啤酒一流。

香脆鬆化。送啤酒一流。

chopstick

The great thing about this tasting was that there wasn't a set menu. We could order whatever we wanted to as long as it's within a certain budget. What this means is that the restaurant didn’t know what we would order in advance and may thus be a better reflection of their default standard.

During my first visit here, I found that some of the dishes were smaller than the CWB branch (such as the fried calamari and the konbu fried rice). However, the portions this time was pretty generous. (We checked the size of the same dishes on other tables and they were the same.)

All in all, a good place to go to if you’re at LKF. The bill came down to about $400 per head (excluding drinks). Finally, I have to thank David for organizing this tasting and Food Craver for inviting me along.

smile

Supplementary Information:
其實一向都有去CWB的【樂宴】 和 TST的【宴】。所以有食友邀請試吃便欣然答應。
CWB的Rakuen面積較小但很Cozy。中環的則較似LFK的酒吧。每間的感覺都截然不同。

Recommended Dish(es):  沖繩鹽炸雞搥,炸沖繩雞件配豆腐他他醬,沖繩冰葉及海葡萄,花生豆腐,沖繩炒苦瓜,炸蓮藕片

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Spending per head: Approximately HK$450(Dinner)

Dining Offers: Tasting Event

Very good stuffed crab.
Nice View.
Value for money?

Dragon's view:

Other than the need to fork out a few Ks, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the only Michelin 3 star Chinese restaurant. I was doing my research on OR before going there with my wife and sister-in-law. Most of the reviews here focused on their dim sum lunches - which kind of worries me because we were about to go there for dinner.

The entrance wasn't as intimidating as I had imagined. It was quite unassuming in fact. The place seemed to be smaller than T'ang Court or Lei Garden, for example. But the ceiling was reasonably high and the tables were spaced pretty far apart from each other.

Anyway, we were quite lucky to get a table next to the window with a lovely view.
晚飯必定要訂抬。 環境優雅舒適。

晚飯必定要訂抬。 環境優雅舒適。

幸運地坐了近窗的位置, 感覺值回票價一點。

幸運地坐了近窗的位置, 感覺值回票價一點。

After we orderd tea, we were also served with some homemade XO sauce, chili sauce and a dark coloured sauce which tasted like black truffels mixed with olive oil and some preserved vegetables.
自家XO醬, 辣醬和有黑松露混橄欖油的醬(?)都不錯。

自家XO醬, 辣醬和有黑松露混橄欖油的醬(?)都不錯。

繼啤酒後來支高檔點的。品酒師推介。HK$1,300。果香很濃郁和深沉。很好。

繼啤酒後來支高檔點的。品酒師推介。HK$1,300。果香很濃郁和深沉。很好。

These were what we had that night:

Complimentary Appetizer - Typhoon Shelter Eggplant and Marinated Eggplant: Not really different from what you get at most Chinese restaurants that serve "typhoon shelter" cuisines except that it tasted quite bland.

I'm not entirely sure whether it's a good idea to use oily battered eggplant as an appetizer in the first place. The marinated eggplant (beneath the fried one) was not bad though, a piece of cold eggplant marinated in what seemed to be light soy sauce.
開胃菜。和一般避風塘式的差不多, 有點油但味道單薄, 炸槳亦有點油。未必適合作前菜來吃。底層凍茄子簡簡單單反而不錯。

開胃菜。和一般避風塘式的差不多, 有點油但味道單薄, 炸槳亦有點油。未必適合作前菜來吃。底層凍茄子簡簡單單反而不錯。

Stuffed Crab Shell:

Apparently a signature dish of Lung King Heen (lit. "Dragon View"). This was excellent. Instead of using "Portuguese Sauce" and mixed with pork meat for example, this was simply a crab shell packed with a lot of fresh and tasty crab meat. The layer of breadcrumbs covering the crab meat was light, crunchy but not oily at all. Recommended. lol
沒有用葡汁或豬肉碎等溝貨。 就是大量鮮甜的蟹肉。十分足料又不油膩。讚!

沒有用葡汁或豬肉碎等溝貨。 就是大量鮮甜的蟹肉。十分足料又不油膩。讚!

chopstick

Battered Pork belly with pancakes: The texture of the batter tasted very much like the typhoon shelter eggplant or the battered sausages you buy from tuck shops in high schools. (Well, at least those sold in my high school). The batter was supposedly made of "Nam Yue" (fermented tofu) but I could hardly taste it.
炸漿沒有什麼南乳味。腩肉半肥瘦不過不失。整體組合沒有什麼火花。性價比低。

炸漿沒有什麼南乳味。腩肉半肥瘦不過不失。整體組合沒有什麼火花。性價比低。

The timing of the pork belly was good. The meat was almost half fat and half lean so some may find it too fattening.

The pancakes were not bad but overall I thought there wasn't much chemistry between the components. I felt this was overpriced.  sad

chopstick

Black truffel with mixed mushrooms and fungi: The waiter drew our attention to a black truffel based menu recently introduced at Lung King Heen. The name seemed interesting. I somehow thought it was some sort of vegetable hotch-potch with black truffels.
黑松露味道算''出''。我沒有問清楚這是什麼便叫, 基本上是素食版的釀蟹蓋。如侍者能提醒一下已點了相似的菜式則會更好。

黑松露味道算''出''。我沒有問清楚這是什麼便叫, 基本上是素食版的釀蟹蓋。如侍者能提醒一下已點了相似的菜式則會更好。

However, this was essentially a vegetarian version of the stuffed crab shell. It had some finely chopped vegetables, a lot of mushrooms which included black truffel. Pretty good but pricey. (It was about $2XX per piece.)

chopstick

Seasonal Vegetables in Fish Broth: We wanted some green and this was recommended to us. Just a small pot of pak choi in a fish broth. This was nothing special. The veggies were fresh. However, the fish broth wasn't bursting with aroma and flavour - it was pretty average. Most Maxim run Chinese restaurants could do this. I was expecting a lot more from Lung King Heen. I was pretty disappointed with this.
想點多點蔬菜, 侍者推介這味。原以為會有什麼特別, 但只是十分普通的一道菜。魚湯亦不見得特別鮮甜。任何一間沒星的美心中菜廳亦能做好。好像要($2XX)性價比很低。

Lung King Heen Fried Rice:

Luckily, this last dish was good. Packed with lobsters and crab meat. Very flavourful with chopped spring onions. The rice were seperated from each other  - which is what a good fried rice should be like.
吃到尾聲想著帳單其實已有點火氣。但既然不想再來晚飯, 一場來到便點押上招牌的炒飯, 每碗好像百多元。幸好不錯, 炒飯粒粒分明。內有鮮甜的龍蝦肉和蟹肉。【天外天】的其實亦很好。

Recommended.  lol

chopstick

Mango and pomelo sweet soup:

This famous Hong Kong Chinese dessert was very good. The sweet mango taste mixed very well with the tangy pomelo. Easily one of the best Mango & Pomelo sweet soup around town.
太太和大嫂想吃甜品。這楊枝甘露沒有令人失望, 芒果味很香, 微酸的沙田柚亦很清新。

太太和大嫂想吃甜品。這楊枝甘露沒有令人失望, 芒果味很香, 微酸的沙田柚亦很清新。

To conclude:

No complaints about the service other than the fact that they took away my beer before I've finished it - which could have caused a pub fight in some places. tongue

Before the bill came some complimentary "sweeteners":
埋單三人盛惠$4,500。(紅酒$1,300) 值不值實在見仁見智。晚飯應不會再來, 但可能會試點心。

埋單三人盛惠$4,500。(紅酒$1,300) 值不值實在見仁見智。晚飯應不會再來, 但可能會試點心。

About HK$4,500 including service and a bottle of red (HK$1,300)...

Remind me to buy the new version of Michelin so I'll know which restaurants to avoid. (J/k)
tongue

Alright, to be fair, the stuffed crab shell was very good. The other dishes were just average though and not worth the price they're charging. Of course, you have to factor in the view, elegant decor and good service.

I don't think I'll return for dinner but I might give their dim sum a try.

Recommended Dish(es):  釀蟹蓋,龍景軒炒飯,楊枝甘露

Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)

Spending per head: Approximately HK$1500(Dinner)

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |

Categories : Japanese | Sushi/Sashimi | Skewer

Above average small Japanese joint in Wan Chai;
Very good grilled tachiuo;
Decent robotayaki;
Good service;
Worth a try if you're around.

Mizuki:

A rather new restaurant at the time of writing.

The Japanese chef here had apparently worked for Hotel Nikko for more than 20 years before working here. We saw him in charge of the sushi/sashimi counter with a grill nearby.

Decor:

This place is located at where the HK style skewer place "Wong Fung " used to be.
前身為【皇鳳】。小店格局。有吧位, VIP房及5-6張二人抬。

前身為【皇鳳】。小店格局。有吧位, VIP房及5-6張二人抬。

前日航酒店廚師主理。有酒肴,魚生,壽司, 燒魚, 爐端燒和其他熟食。每樣有一點。

前日航酒店廚師主理。有酒肴,魚生,壽司, 燒魚, 爐端燒和其他熟食。每樣有一點。

They have a number of VIP rooms, a sushi bar/ robotayaki area and about 5-6 smaller tables for two.

Menu:
The menu had 6 small pages in total: Each with about 20 items: appetizers, food to go with your drinks (heavy flavoured, usually marinated, dishes), skewers (but no tsukune), tempura, grilled food, sushi and sashimi.

I usually feel more like skewers instead of sushi after work. The skewer selection was not as comprehensive as I had hoped. Each was about HK$28.  These were what we've ordered.

Butabara:
燒得不錯。肉味濃郁。

燒得不錯。肉味濃郁。

Good butabara. Very flavourful meat with a good balance of fat. The timing was good too. Good start.  smile

Chicken wings:
The chicken wings were not bad too, slightly lean but also flavourful.
有點削但味道及火喉亦不錯。

有點削但味道及火喉亦不錯。

Yagen nankotsu: I ordered nankotsu. The restaurant actually meant "yagen nankotsu" (chicken soft bone from the rib cage). I wasn't expecting this but it was not bad. It's an acquired taste. Some may think it taste like soil (like I do). tongue

Shishito: A stock item every time I have yakitori because of its cooling effect.
有些人偏外薬研雞軟骨, 我則一般。

有些人偏外薬研雞軟骨, 我則一般。

chopstick

Osi Sushi (pressed sushi): This was apparenty one of their signature items. It's anago pressed sushi (you put all the ingredients in a box and then compress them together, making a square shape instead of the more commonly seen hand held nigiri sushi).
似乎招牌菜式之一。份量不少。頂部的海膽鮮味不錯。

似乎招牌菜式之一。份量不少。頂部的海膽鮮味不錯。

The Anago had a very strong soil aftertaste, which the heavy amount of sauce tried to cover unsucessfully.  sad
穴子泥味有點重, 濃味的醬汁亦不能完全遮蓋。壽司飯則不錯, 內有紫蘇葉大大提升香氣。

穴子泥味有點重, 濃味的醬汁亦不能完全遮蓋。壽司飯則不錯, 內有紫蘇葉大大提升香氣。

The uni placed about it was good though. The shiso leave inside the sushi rice also enhanced the taste significantly. smile

Negitoro maki:
整體鮮度不錯。

整體鮮度不錯。

This was not bad. Some may have preferred it to be slightly neater. But the level of freshness of the minced tuna was decent.

Tempura:
有點油膩, 質素只屬一般。

有點油膩, 質素只屬一般。

The assorted tempura was just average. Probably the oil wasn't hot enough. As a result, the tempuras were fairly oily; the batter wasn't as crunchy as I had hoped. The prawn was quite tasty though.

Tarako:
咸香味突出, 送酒一流。(這裡酒水選擇不錯, 豐儉由人。由過萬元枝清酒到紅酒,啤酒等都有。

咸香味突出, 送酒一流。(這裡酒水選擇不錯, 豐儉由人。由過萬元枝清酒到紅酒,啤酒等都有。

Something to go with the house red, which was pretty good.
Not as spicy as the one at Kichi.

Tosa tofu:
豆腐幼滑, 炸漿做得很好, 不會一夾即散。

豆腐幼滑, 炸漿做得很好, 不會一夾即散。

A popular dish in most Japanese restaurants. Essentially fried tofu and then served in a soup stock. The tofu used here was silky smooth. The thick batter wrapped the tofu neatly.  Good.

Grilled Tachiuo:

We decided to try their "chef's recommendation" written on the blackboard. This turned out to be the best dish of the night.

The grilled tachiuo was very good. Meaty and tender. It would be even better if less salt was used. We were both happy with this.  lol bowl
反正一場來到便一試燒魚。皮脆肉嫩, 香味十足是整晚的亮點。這燒魚把分數拉高很多, 由【OK】至【笑臉】。

反正一場來到便一試燒魚。皮脆肉嫩, 香味十足是整晚的亮點。這燒魚把分數拉高很多, 由【OK】至【笑臉】。

Conclusion:

About HK$550 per head including 3 glasses of house red ($55) and one beer. Not cheap.

All in all, some hits and misses. The grilled fish left a very good impression, which brought this shop from "OK" to "Good" on my scale.

Good service; comfy seating.

We might return to try their grilled fish.

Worth a try if you're around the area.

Recommended Dish(es):  五花腩,明太子,土佐豆腐,燒太刀魚

Spending per head: Approximately HK$550

Other Ratings:
Taste
 3  |