This is a must-see place for your friends/family members visiting town. The view is spectacular, especially at night with HSBC lit up closely next to the balcony that takes you from the Bank side all way towards the breathtaking view of Victoria Habour.
Though a bit hot and humid to sit outside in the Summer, Sevva is great for tea and drinks. You can get a bit of everything in their tea sets (a generous portion too!) Their desserts are my all time favs. Favourite cakes: Sevva's Crunch cake inspired Maxim's Angel cake, now seen all over HK. What you won't find in Maxims cake shops or Starbucks, is Marie-Antoinette (a pistachio chiffon cake covered in macaroons + mentalic sugar balls AND comes with a super cute fluffy Cotton Candy on top!!) - comparatively cheaper than Sevva's other cakes though smaller in size. Their Celebration cake is also worth trying as it is super delish and has a layer of jello inside (best to order 2 days in advance coz jello needs to set). Actually a lot of their cakes are good, their "Fatal Attraction" - espresso jello/panna cotta and milk tea icecream is also worth ordering if you are not a cake fan.
One can choose to be seated on the "Habour side" dining room or "Bank side" room with really awesome Candida Hofer prints on the walls.
Now on to the FOOD...
Though good quality, insanely expensive (hey don't forget they have to pay rent!) but still worth trying if you know what to order.
- Sevva Salad: Filled with all the freshest veggies (artichokes, avocado, cherry tomatoes, lettuce etc), mini quail eggs and salt&pepper tofu cubes. This is one hearty salad indeed and good for those who want to eat light.
- Miss B's favourite sandwich: This is my all time favourite . another healthy option.. They put turkey inside the sandwich with super fresh tomatoes and butter lettuce.. if only the turkey was freshly cut instead being wet and resembles those pre-cut sandwich fillings.. .. LOVE it anyway because of their multi grain brown bread + herb cream cheese.
- Black Truffle Mac&Cheese: Sophisticated version of Press Rooms mac and cheese.. they use penne instead, Yums but Heavy.
- Yu Tong Mai Seen (vermicelli in fish broth): Often sold out - very popular dish.. yes their broth is extremely refined but the shredded Chan Pei was too much for my liking. Hong Kong people love it regardless.
- Thai style minced chicken with crispy jasmine , sunny side up egg on top of rice: A lot of my friends like this dish, very homey but a tad too spicy for me... can probably be replicated at home without too much difficulty though.
- Claypot rice: Light, clean and delicious.
- NOW to my new favourite! Discovered during lunch today and seen in picture above: Sevva's very own pork chop rice.. just that this time its japanese porkchop TONKATSU style! Very lean unlike Sushi Kuu's inedible fat filled tonkatsu, this porkchop comes on a bed of "tomato fried rice (western fried rice)" filled with mini peas that you find in Shanghainese restaurants (Utter delight!) and fresh Ha Yuns (mini shrimps) ................ AMAZING!! 320HKD - probably the most expensive porkchop rice in town but will definitely be coming back for more!
Sevva also used to have really delicious Chicken-a-la-king Toasties but not sure if they still serve it for tea! Worth asking if you're there.
The Impeccable service and incredible view keeps me coming back - Sevva is the perfect DATE SPOT and hang out.
Lastly, i LOVE sevva's Pink Sangria , strong enough and Pretty - perfect for the ladies... if you're not a light weight.
Table Wait Time: 0 minute(s)
Value for Money2
Keep it up!